Re: Sensible Days 2007

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #24921 by Stromberg
Replied by Stromberg on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
It seems I just lost my car possibility to drive to Pirmasens :( Anyone else going through Braunschweig the very late 17th or early 18th august? Pls message me.

It would be no problem for me to wait directly at the Autobahn A2, gateway Watenbüttel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #24938 by Bomb
Replied by Bomb on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
hi people, this post is without sense.
today it was the first time, that i read the entire thread. the discussion of the rules had been finished since page 11 or 12? dunno. but i had a few thoughts to this topic too, and even if it is too late now, i wanna express them. please dont react on them, its useless, without sense. (then teh question is: why i post that shit? dont know...) :D
but maybe i have some thoughts who perhaps will balance out the different point of views...
here they are:

All player who critizise the rules of this tournament, seem to think that they are the only one with injuries, like junior and redhair already said it. ALL will have injuries, or ALL will not have injuries. And like you can suffer under injuries in your own team, you can profit of the injuries your opponent has.

Who says, that, in the case you got 1 or 2 bad injuries of important players, your next opponents will be redhair, playa, pallister, marin, mt653 etc. - there are also new players having not these skillz, and for a top ten player it should be possible to win a game vs him, even if suker AND mijatovic, or redondo are injured…and if there follows a very strong opponent – ok. That’s football. That’s one game out of 18. that’s a tournament.

Quoted of Mt653 the 13 July 2007, 10:15:45 :
“I am not trying to change your rules, i am saying HOW i see that rule in the context of the hardest tournament ever.
More the luck is involved , less the skills count, but that doesn t necessarily mean random results (probably the best will prevail anyway), it just means that there s the possibility (POSSIBILITY) that a player could start without a key player from min. 0. That means he could start a game with some sort of handicap (injured player , black cross, red cross , whatever) he doesn t deserve, just because computer said so...”

Mmhh. But for me a player has skills, when he can compensate the missing of a key player and can play well with a player of 4 or 3 stars. (so: more the luck is involved, MORE the skills count.) Or if he is able, to play with a sucking team too. Ever played a friendly league with rijntje? Maybe its nonsense, but if you can handle “a-half-star”-player (25k) and you can play good swos with it, you have real skillz. When you play with real Madrid after it, you’ll see, how easy it is to play with a great team. And all of you seem to think, if you have to play with the second choice attacker benito (for example; if suker is injured) - who still has 4 stars, an incredible shot and heading skillz – you will go under?
C’mon. all you guys know how to play swos…
like playa and junior said it: the BEST will make it (and the best player will be, who will handle all these “unlucky” ( ;-D ) influences well). If some players have an extraordinary high number if injures over the whole tournament, maybe the organizers should change something next year. But: first try, then cry ;)

I can only repeat: these rules will create an atmosphere full of emotions (sad and happy!!!), and what better can there be?
the most important is to meet people (from 10 nations!!!), and I look forward to meet some good old swos friends of denmark, holland, poland, germany.... (etc.)

so cya soon

P.S.: pls dont comment this, please. all has been said...
i just wanted to say somethin. ;)

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #24940 by Emmeti
Replied by Emmeti on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Da Bomb

If you just wanted to say something , next time, please, don t quote me, otherwise i would feel the need to reply...

I am kindly suggesting you to edit your post if you don t want other people (me , in this case) to comment it.

If you want to say your opinion just say it , but if you want to say that my opinion is wrong and prove it quoting me and using my words (like the skill thing) , hmmmm you re starting something.

I ll be happy to reply to your post...let me know your decision.

P.S.

I hope you said cry just to make a rhyme , because it could sound to me that you , like many others here in ss.de, think other people s opinion are just silly complaints (crying)...let me know about this too.

More
16 years 8 months ago #24941 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
;D

Aiaiai Bomb...what have u done?

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #24946 by Bomb
Replied by Bomb on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
i even don t know.... :o

i wanted to say somethin (my opinion), but i thought its a bit too late.... so I said all this stuff like : P.S.: pls dont comment this, please. all has been said...
i just wanted to say somethin. i was not sure of myself at this point.

@mt653. yea, it was just a cool rhyme. i like them, you will see it later... ;)
maybe one can make a resume of this whole thread with these two words...

of course you are free to reply to my post, you can definetly take it for serious. what i said to the skill - thing was my point. it was not my aim to say that you are wrong. we just have two different points of views, it seems.
my main aspect was to show, that the disadvantages of injuries are equal to every player in a relativ sense.
same condition to all players. in this context i quoted your skills-opinion; your thesis of more the luck is involved, less the skills count is interesting ... but this will be valid for all players or for noone. so its ok, equal etc. i repeat myself.

have you ever seen a team in reality, who started the whole season with his wish-team ? me not so far...there are always some problems... so why they shouldn t be in a big, international swos-competition?

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #24951 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

so why they shouldn t be in a big, international swos-competition?

Because some other people think the clinical way is better.
Or they think only Offline players like DIY. You, DaBomb, prove the opposite.

And maybe people aren t able to make compromises / balances. That is a phenomena of everyday life, not only concerning nice little computer games.

A lot of reasons... In the end SWOS will be the winner. Either way... 8)

PS: With people I DO NOT mean anybody particular. Really, it s generally meant.

More
16 years 8 months ago #24952 by m.c.t.
Replied by m.c.t. on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
I think that every of those options has it s beauty. Same as with all teams equal ON/OFF . And I think that in sport / swos, luck is important / involved almost as skill. So let s play this tournament in good luck and great health :)

More
16 years 8 months ago #24958 by Emmeti
Clinical way?
Where does this term come from?
Is that good or bad?
If clinical means fair... long live to clinical way of playing tournaments.

What s the alternative of the clinical way,btw?
Dirty way? Random way?
Issa way?

Playa , you talk about compromise/balance...
between what? I am really curious to know.
Fairness and Unfairness maybe? Or what?

Btw , since when fair is wrong?

I hope nobody will say fair way is boring , because if you are bored of playing swos and you need an extra to have fun with it...maybe you don t like swos.
Fairness is not an optional feature , it s the starting point.

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #24959 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

Playa , you talk about compromise/balance...
between what? I am really curious to know.

Balance/compromise between usual online and offline rules around the world, not only ss.de and ISSA. The Sensible Days are for everyone, not only for ISSA and not only for online players. Czechs, UK players, Serbians, Irish, Dutch and whatever...
It s not so difficult to see that.

There are coming people from approx. 10 different countries, all playing different kinds of cups in their nations. Yes, Offline.
There are coming people who only play online. Yes, online.
There are coming people who haven t played for years. Yes, really.

They all love SWOS, although you question it (which is really strange and infact, UNFAIR). They are all valuable members of our community. 1000 online games, or 1000 offline games. Whatever, it doesn t matter.

We invite the whole world of SWOS to this tournament. Of course, when you invite somebody to your home you try to find a good mix-meal (groups and KO rounds, time, controllers, Replays, Equal on/off, schedules etc etc...) so that everybody will be satisfied as good as possible.
And of course, your house-wife will expect them at least to try the meal before saying it tastes like a foul egg. Yes, taste/try it please... Just smelling won t be enough... ;)

We don t want to make rules for other cups here, just for our own. We don t want to convince you to take over these rules. We just want you to come here if you feel you like it. That s no big deal...

We can only say again that for OUR tournament hypothetical injuries are way too small reason to abandon the nice DIY leagues, because they create a group feeling that cannot be completely simulated with Excel or external Laptops.
We want the people to really live in their groups, to stick together on their PC/Amiga. To talk about their group, to discuss games inside their group.
Without DIY, people play random friendlies and in their breaks they walk around in the garden or go shopping (yes, we experienced this...) because they are not interested in what s going on their group. That CAN kill the spirit of a tournament. The DIY league prevents this. Totally.

If all this won t work as we expect it to be, we can talk AFTER the event what we can do better next time. But first, please go in it with a neutral mind and check it out.
The Days must go on...and the year 2008 will come for sure.

This is no suggestion or critizism for other cups, but maybe ask Pallister what happened in Poland...

More
16 years 8 months ago #24963 by Emmeti
Well, it s your cup you can do what you want. I am just saying my opinion and you re treating me like i want to make a revolution! I don t think you have to remind me every time it s your cup, i know that. Also i know i can stay at home and i am not forced to join sensidays...that is clear!
I am just saying that DIY is unfair, because it is...if you want to keep it , it s ok for me. It s your home do as you prefer , but as a ss.de member i feel the right to say what i think about the rules, with no offence.
If other communities like to play unfair events because bored by the fair way, i couldn t care less, but when you and redhair say that s the way it should be well, i feel kinda confused...and disappointed. You are ss.de , you taught me how to play competitive swos and now you choose a nonsense-against-the-competitivity rule just to please bored ISSA people and whoever is not committed enough to wait for his games?
If those people left to go shopping , there i see their love for swos...sure i would stay there , first for my endless love for swos and also for the respect for organizers. If you invite people that don t know how to behave or are immature or Once-a-year swos players, well , that s the result. You should be more selective...instead of inviting every pc swosser (and maybe amiga swosser) you find on the street (with no offence again).

I am sure sensidays will be a great event and i don t need a crystal ball for that.
Stop saying i can t talk about DIY league because you offend me...i know what a DIY league is, once again.
Those 2 things (sensidays and DIY League) are separate. To make my point more clear : Sensidays can be a great event even with a wrong and unfair group stage rule.
So that egg example with that sad housewife thing...was not necessary.
I KNOW what a DIY league is...i don t need sensidays to learn that. I will not change my opinion about this rule after sensidays, because fairness is fairness and diy leagues remain DIY leagues.
And if to preserve fairness i have to use excel and a laptop, i think i would use them. As i said , fairness is a starting point. If your friends are easily bored, sorry, but it should be their problem not yours.

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds