Re: Sensible Days 2008

More
15 years 11 months ago #42124 by Sheriff
Replied by Sheriff on topic Re: Sensible Days 2008
perfect

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #42126 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Sensible Days 2008
5-group ladder is about to be changed and qualification league round will be deleted and substituted with a huge KO round for place 4-10 (!!!). That means, literally EVERYBODY will play in KO round.
Will post the system soon.

More
15 years 11 months ago #42127 by Sheriff
Replied by Sheriff on topic Re: Sensible Days 2008
A good situation is that the players who will disq earlier , musthave a free machine to play another cup or league as they want, like sensidays 2008 lite or second chance cup or league :p

More
15 years 11 months ago #42129 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: Sensible Days 2008

5-group ladder is about to be changed and qualification league round will be deleted and substituted with a huge KO round for place 4-10 (!!!). That means, literally EVERYBODY will play in KO round.
Will post the system soon.

Sounds very good. More matches for the players and an awesome KO round of 32 (!!!) players - will be great!

More
15 years 11 months ago #42130 by torpedo
Replied by torpedo on topic Re: Sensible Days 2008
i think that the one with 6 groups, and (then little groups for 5th and 6th placed) is perfect. more interesting matches especially towards the end of a group stage - beacuse it really does matter if you are 1st, or 4th or 6th!

on the other hand the big ko as suggested in 5 group tournament (like for 4-10 placed teams) is stupid, as because there is not a difference between being 4th and 10th there will be lot of dull and boring matches towards the end.

More
15 years 11 months ago #42134 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: Sensible Days 2008

i think that the one with 6 groups, and (then little groups for 5th and 6th placed) is perfect. more interesting matches especially towards the end of a group stage - beacuse it really does matter if you are 1st, or 4th or 6th!

on the other hand the big ko as suggested in 5 group tournament (like for 4-10 placed teams) is stupid, as because there is not a difference between being 4th and 10th there will be lot of dull and boring matches towards the end.

Lol, not at all.

When you manage to get the 4th place your will have an easier opponent in the KO round. Therefore, the fights for places 4-10 are also important.

More
15 years 11 months ago #42149 by torpedo

Lol, not at all.

When you manage to get the 4th place your will have an easier opponent in the KO round. Therefore, the fights for places 4-10 are also important.

yeah, yeah, sure...

More
15 years 11 months ago - 15 years 11 months ago #42160 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: Sensible Days 2008
I have work out an intressting Tournamentmode that work if we really 56 or more players. Don t know if we have the time to split the tournament in 2 trees (Pro and Amateur) after first round, but if not, the Pro Mode is also intressting.
I have work out the Amateur bracket because it is a way to give also the not so strong players more matches then only the games in the first round (remember the most player had a long trip just to come to this event).

The only problem is how to seed the 2nd Groupstage. Maybe for Pro Mode (World Championship) you could draw again from 5 pots right after the darw for 1st round (1st in a pot, 2nd in a pot, 3rd in a pot ...) or seed for example Group A (1st Gr A, 2nd Gr B, 3rd Gr C, 4th Gr D, 5th Gr E) but for that we have to work it out, but i think it shouldn t be a problem if you invested an hour.

What do you think about this mode?

More
15 years 11 months ago - 15 years 11 months ago #42165 by torpedo
because we absolutely have no idea, how is the home/away advantage/disadvantage calculated in SWOS, we cannot play one game against each other at any stage. that s why even finals of the competition are played in two legs.

apart from that we will need 8 computers - 8 PCs and 8 Amigas, and 8 tables/spaces for the groups, which if i remember correctly is a no-go (well, don t know, maybe that has changed, but i remember Playaveli saying so, correct me if i m wrong).

the thrill of being eliminated after a group stage is a main factor for me. as soon as the group has at least 9 participants, which means at least 16 games - that s definitely worth to go in my opinion. although i have to admit i wouldn t like to play less than that, so hopefully minimum of 9 players per group will be mantained.

the main thing for me is to get ideally 50%, (or to get as close as possible to that) of players qualifying for a second stage - whether a seeded knock-out, or a second chance group i don t care.
with 50 participants logical solution is 24 players qualified, as we approaching 60 players - number 32 seems to be right.

second round of 50 players is the f*** up, as is a tournaments for loosers in my opinion. for me it s a big NO to both of these ideas

having said that, i definitely go to Pirmasens whatever the format :)

EDIT: that will do for me -

if we re playing 5 groups, top six qualify, that gives us 30 so we need two extra players. it can be done by:

- giving two best players a wild card to another round, with remaining 28 playing ko for 14 spots, so it s down to sixteen then

- making a playoff group of 5 players from 7th places in a group for remaining two spots.

looks for me like the first idea may be bit controversial when t comes to assigning a wildcards, the second one more time consuming

if we have 6 groups, top five qualify, that gives us 30 players, and it s the same story from there :)

More
15 years 11 months ago - 15 years 11 months ago #42167 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: Sensible Days 2008

because we absolutely have no idea, how is the home/away advantage/disadvantage calculated in SWOS, we cannot play one game against each other at any stage. that s why even finals of the competition are played in two legs.

I only say 1x against each other in 2nd round is beacause of the time factor and on the other hand this is a thrill like a K.O. stage (but with a few more chances ;) ) so you are forced to win nearly all games in group with only 1 game to be 1st or 2nd in group. I don t think it is really a home/away advantage for some players, only if they have their supporters but then they have this advantage on booth matches.

apart from that we will need 8 computers - 8 PCs and 8 Amigas, and 8 tables/spaces for the groups, which if i remember correctly is a no-go (well, don t know, maybe that has changed, but i remember Playaveli saying so, correct me if i m wrong).

Ok that could be a problem, but can we make it with 6 Groups (I can try bring my Amiga 1200 also with me if needed)? Is it for sure that we play with Diy league?

the thrill of being eliminated after a group stage is a main factor for me. as soon as the group has at least 9 participants, which means at least 16 games - that s definitely worth to go in my opinion. although i have to admit i wouldn t like to play less than that, so hopefully minimum of 9 players per group will be mantained.
the main thing for me is to get ideally 50%, (or to get as close as possible to that) of players qualifying for a second stage - whether a seeded knock-out, or a second chance group i don t care.
with 50 participants logical solution is 24 players qualified, as we approaching 60 players - number 32 seems to be right.

second round of 50 players is the f*** up, as is a tournaments for loosers in my opinion. for me it s a big NO to both of these ideas

having said that, i definitely go to Pirmasens whatever the format :)

I have made the 2nd groupstage to give more matches for all players and it is also a chance to have more miscellaneous players to play (which is also nice for me).
The Amateur bracket is a single tournament for all players that are on the last places in 1st round and normaly have absolutly no chance to win anything and that tree we shouldn t take to important, it is only for the amateur players to have their own thrill (why souldn t they also have a chance to have those thrilling matches on an lower level?).

Did you know something? I am coming, too. Don t matter what mode we play ;) And i m looking forward to meet all that persons i don t know so far :)

Time to create page: 1.324 seconds