Re: Sensible Days 2008

More
15 years 10 months ago #42491 by Redhair
Replied by Redhair on topic Re: Sensible Days 2008
Thank you

Well, it s just an public overview for to see against who you have to play or you could play. And with 32 players there is not much space to add more fields. You will see the results on beamer screen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #42493 by Marin Parushev
Except the light advantage that group winners B and D get (they can t play with another group winner until semifinal) all looks fine.
Unfortunately this issue cannot be avoided.

More
15 years 10 months ago #42494 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Sensible Days 2008

Except the light advantage that group winners B and D get (they can t play with another group winner until semifinal) all looks fine.

It has yet to be proven to be an advantage. We never know who will win a group. The top 12 are so close together.
Unless you got really personal opponent-preferences it doesn t matter at all if you face Luca or Redhair or MCT or...Marin... ;D

More
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #42495 by Redhair
Replied by Redhair on topic Re: Sensible Days 2008

Right, but on that level is not much difference between place 1 and 2, I think...
Just have a look at last years groups, 2nd places were for example Coolio_Jack, M.C.T., Playaveli and Redhair ;)

BTW, Marin, didn t you play against one of those 2nd places? ;)

But of course, you are right, but as you say, there is no other solution, there is only space for 4 of 6 1st places.

More
15 years 9 months ago #45382 by Playaveli
Problem in last chance groups:

3 players, 1 leg, DIY league.

What if all results are draws? Ok, in SWOS DIY someone will be on the last place, but that is wrong in this case.
What should we do?

Here are some suggestions:
a) No DIY league, but individual DIY cup games with penalties (end result counts and will be entered in an external sheet)
b) DIY league, and later draw some matches (lottery)
c) ...other suggestions? Pls comment...

Note: There is no option to remove the last chance groups.

More
15 years 9 months ago #45385 by dzem
Replied by dzem on topic Re: Sensible Days 2008
I used to like the idea of penalties, but it was before I played them for the first time... It s nothing more than a lottery.
Once I won, and the other time I lost. Both time I felt the same - it s not fair.

1. What about repeating the group? it takes only about 25 minutes. And the odds it will be endless are really low.

2. If the group is still a draw after 2nd leg, then I vote to use a rank - SRN or even the rank from sensidays (table of points and goals scored on that day by those players)

The rank could be used even after 1st leg. Everything is better than penalties in my opinion.

More
15 years 9 months ago #45386 by Playaveli
Interesting.

About 1.: Repeating the group is a good option.
And if there is 1 winner and 2 guys with same points and goals on second place, they will play 1 leg DIY Cup + ET + pen.
What about that?

More
15 years 9 months ago #45387 by Marin Parushev
In fact on Sensi Days 2007 I played vs a group winner in the QF (Rasmus) while I was a group winner as well.
And on the semis... well I didn t think it was such a big deal... but people keep reminding me of it. I believe those were games to remember. Looks like I have to come back this year and clear the shame :)

More
15 years 9 months ago #45388 by dzem
Replied by dzem on topic Re: Sensible Days 2008
well, that s a solution I would vote for;-)

what do other think, guys?

More
15 years 9 months ago #45389 by Wänä81
Replied by Wänä81 on topic Re: Sensible Days 2008
For me penalties belongs to soccer , for me is the best solution to repeat the group as dzem said. But in the 2.leg played with friendly matches with ET and penalties

Greetz

Time to create page: 0.314 seconds