Re: SWOS 16/17 - The official unofficial Update

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #133671 by Mozg

Snark aside, it s nothing to do with nostalgia or realism.

My opinion is formed from watching countless people over the years (myself included) give up in frustration because their game crashes and they can t work out which combination of exe and data files they need. This is why, in my opinion of course, it is worth sacrificing a little but of realism for the sake of practicality, Not nostalgia.

Last Synchronated s update was fully playable in career mode. And just changing for example San Marino teams to Bosnian (without changing number of teams) also of course wouldn t cause any crash.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #133672 by higgipoker
That s great. As long as all you have to do is copy only the TEAM files to your data folder, and not modify the original game in any way, I support it for this update. Anything else, nope!

There are tonnes of updates which were playable in career mode, but a lot of them need modified exe files etc and then, in the future, people lose track of which dataset fits with which exe and it becomes a nightmare to share among the community.

More
7 years 9 months ago #133673 by Mozg

That s great. As long as all you have to do is copy only the TEAM files to your data folder, and not modify the original game in any way, I support it for this update. Anything else, nope!

There are tonnes of updates which were playable in career mode, but a lot of them need modified exe files etc and then, in the future, people lose track of which dataset fits with which ext etc and it becomes a nightmare to share among the community.

I was talking about the same from the beginning - to change just teams - not number of teams or anything else! :) And such an alternative version I was thinking about :) Possibly it will be easier to find some person that would like to update Korean League rather than Taiwanese one :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #133674 by higgipoker
That s cool, I m just shouting my opinion from the sidelines. I wouldn t be against anything the folks here want to do, if it is compatible with the original exe!

Those sorts of decisions are up to the coordinator I guess.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #133675 by Sida79

Problem is, I don t have any transfer values etcera so I need a bit of help here.
Should I just take the values in the original SWOS, change them around a bit (using averages) so the strongest teams have the
strongest players? Or does anyone have a better idea?

Well, if you don t have any transfer values, take the values in the original SWOS and DON T change them :) It will be easier that way.
Just rename the best club in 96/97 version to current best club, give it new strips and player names, do the same for other clubs, and you re good to go!

P. S. Wouldn t renaming a league (e.g. San Marino to Bosnia) require changing the game exe?

P. P. S. I m tempted to take the Holland update. Where are all the dutch SWOS fans!?

More
7 years 9 months ago #133676 by Playaveli
96/97 teams structure will be maintained, for this project, and are no subject to change.
(what people will later do with the final release, mods etc., is up to themselves)

More
7 years 9 months ago #133677 by Rock and Roll

P. P. S. I m tempted to take the Holland update. Where are all the dutch SWOS fans!?

I live in Clogland, but seeing as it s a big league I decided to leave the Dutch national team and Dutch leagues for someone who really wants them. If you want them, go for it! I m busy in El Salvador :).

More
7 years 9 months ago #133678 by Mozg

96/97 teams structure will be maintained, for this project, and are no subject to change.
(what people will later do with the final release, mods etc., is up to themselves)

OK, I understand. So just ask me via PM when I ll have to do my tactic s stuff, as I will probably not track this topic anymore :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #133679 by Playaveli
^^ Will do, mate! :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #133681 by Rock and Roll
Iceland league finished and uploaded :).
Any mistakes...let me know.

Yet again it s version 1.0 so I ll take new promotions etc into account before the final release.
I ll also do some later tweaks to player values to get the proper league standings.

Is it an idea to post which leagues haven t just been assigned, but also completed?

Back to El Salvador. Seeing as Once Lobos will now be in the 2nd division, I wonder which of the 4th division sides will take their place the next 20 years...I like the sound of Nuevo San Sebastian, or my personal favourite AD Arce Cara Sucia :D.

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds