Re: SWOS 16/17 - The official unofficial Update

More
7 years 9 months ago #133650 by Playaveli

Any news on what was/is wrong with the Faroe Islands file I submitted?
Should I just recreate the teams from scratch? I have them all in my Excel file.

No, don t bother with recreating it. It will work fine.
About that strange error, Zlatko told me to try with normal CD version. If you find time, do that!

Should I just take the values in the original SWOS, change them around a bit (using averages) so the strongest teams have the
strongest players? Or does anyone have a better idea?

That sounds like a very good idea. Go for it!

Swiss national team was still free right? I would like to edit that. Regards Kristofer

Assigned! Welcome to the team of editors and thanks in advance for your contribution, mate!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #133655 by Mozg
I m quite sad that such a great update will be lacking of some not-so-weak leagues (China, UAE, Qatar, Egypt, Bosnia), while some in fact completety non-interesting leagues will be updated. Last Synchronated s update was fully playable in career mode and I think that having these leagues in update is worth considering. The same goes for some national teams (Montenegro, Bosnia, DR Congo). Don t anyone of you think that updating fourth El Salvador or Taiwan leagues is completely pointless? :) Well, SWOS was a great game, but football world has changed during that twenty years...

More
7 years 9 months ago #133658 by whiteulver

Ok thanks for the reply.

HAve a quikc check of this to make sure I m doing it right, before I go ahead and start the whole process. Arsenals rating has gone DOWN since the edit, but I think thats due to only using 1-7 instead of 1-15?

Hope it looks ok.

Thanks

P.S Danny Welbeck is English I know :P

Yes rating is down because of using only skills 0-7 and not 0-15.

@Playaveli, do you think that should be a rule for using skills from 0-7 or 0-15. Syncro used skills from 0-7 for all teams.
Using skills from 0-15 is as close to original swos. If an editor uses SWOES skill generator then will get skills from 0-15.
So maybe we have some teams with skills from 0-7 and others from 0-15.
What do you think?

More
7 years 9 months ago #133659 by Mozg
Skills from 8 to 15 have some meaning only in career mode - when you search transfer list by player skills, when you want to search an attacker with finishing, then only attackers with finishing from 8 to 15 will be displayed. However - SWOS uses 0-7 scale. Skills form 8 to 15 are used in SWOS to show players best skills. Every weaker player has two best skills from 8 to 15. The better player is - the more vaues from 8 to 15 appears (George Weah has six fifteens). The exception is J. League - it generally looks like it was created by someone else. Also I think that players with more skills from range 8-15 gets bigger wage, so they are more expensive in maintenance.

More
7 years 9 months ago #133660 by Playaveli

@Playaveli, do you think that should be a rule for using skills from 0-7 or 0-15. Syncro used skills from 0-7 for all teams.
Using skills from 0-15 is as close to original swos. If an editor uses SWOES skill generator then will get skills from 0-15.
So maybe we have some teams with skills from 0-7 and others from 0-15.
What do you think?

The 0-7 rule has been cancelled. We don t need any rule like that. Keep it simple for all editors.
In playing the game, nobody will notice anyway.
People who use your editor (which most people do!) produce 0-15 skills.

I m quite sad that such a great update will be lacking of some not-so-weak leagues (China, UAE, Qatar, Egypt, Bosnia), while some in fact completety non-interesting leagues will be updated. Last Synchronated s update was fully playable in career mode and I think that having these leagues in update is worth considering. The same goes for some national teams (Montenegro, Bosnia, DR Congo). Don t anyone of you think that updating fourth El Salvador or Taiwan leagues is completely pointless? :) Well, SWOS was a great game, but football world has changed during that twenty years...

Thanks for your input, Mozg. But 96/97 teams will be maintained, with original structure.
The world of football might have changed, but in many cases, not for the better! So, that s what this update shall express/say, between the lines...

El Salvador 4th division is NOT pointless... I have fond memories of Once Lobos! ;) Never want to miss them.

More
7 years 9 months ago #133661 by higgipoker
I m glad that we (you guys! lol) are keeping the updates in line with original SWOS. You only have to look at he MAME project to see how impossible things can get when the data depends on a specific version of the exe.

It s good that SWOS 2016 will be accessible, as previous versions clearly were not. Whether the users fault or otherwise, so many people and problems with updates not working, crashes in career mode, not knowing which exe to use etc.

I think it will be great to just download the dat files and copy them to your original swos install.

As always, awesome work guys!

More
7 years 9 months ago #133667 by Mozg

Thanks for your input, Mozg. But 96/97 teams will be maintained, with original structure.
The world of football might have changed, but in many cases, not for the better! So, that s what this update shall express/say, between the lines...

El Salvador 4th division is NOT pointless... I have fond memories of Once Lobos! ;) Never want to miss them.

So maybe some alternative version is worth considering. Otherwise, there will be an update without, for example:

- one team form World Cup 2014 (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- one team from Copa America 2016 (Haiti)
- one team from Champions League 15/16 (FK Astana from Kazakhstan)

More
7 years 9 months ago #133668 by higgipoker

So maybe some alternative version is worth considering....

Please for the love of god, NO! lol

Let people make their own alternatives in private, but please keep the official unofficial update plain and simple! 8)

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #133669 by Mozg

Please for the love of god, NO! lol

Let people make their own alternatives in private, but please keep the official unofficial update plain and simple! 8)

That was just my thoughts. However, I ll be honest and I ll tell that I will probably not like that update, as it will be quite unrealistic, especially national teams that are most interesting from me. How to play World Cup or Euro quals without some important teams? ;)

But I understand that I m the only one that would like realism rather than nostalgia, will just play Synchronated s updates :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #133670 by higgipoker
Snark aside, it s nothing to do with nostalgia or realism.

My opinion is formed from watching countless people over the years (myself included) give up in frustration because their game crashes and they can t work out which combination of exe and data files they need. This is why, in my opinion of course, it is worth sacrificing a little but of realism for the sake of practicality, Not nostalgia.

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds