Re: Time change for online-SWOS?

More
17 years 4 months ago - 17 years 4 months ago #14496 by Playaveli
Hi mates!

I was thinking about how we could improve the online action. And then I came across the thread of Sensible Days 2005. We used to play 5 mins all the time on offline tournaments. So we just took it over and selected 5mins as standard for online games in 2003 with Sega, then later Amiga online. OOO, cups and leagues...

But now, that we changed to 3mins in 2005 for Offline Tournaments, i.e. Sensible Days, I think it is a huge improvement.

Reasons why 3 mins is better:

- Results are more unpredictable
- No ridiculous score of for example 11-3 or whatever...
- Underdogs have bigger chances to win obviously
- SWOS standard time is...3mins!
- We play in 2 legs anyway. Leagues, most cups and also ooo games are played with the famous re??

In my opinion we should come as close as possible to Offline standard . That was also the reason for us to invent the tactic disc and changed to Equal off ! But please no comments about this here, there are enough other threads. Stay on topic please... ;)
The topic has been locked.
More
17 years 4 months ago #14497 by LIK

Hi mates!

I was thinking about how we could improve the online action. And then I came across the thread of Sensible Days 2005. We used to play 5 mins all the time on offline tournaments. So we just took it over and selected 5mins as standard for online games in 2003 with Sega, then later Amiga online. OOO, cups and leagues...

But now, that we changed to 3mins in 2005 for Offline Tournaments, i.e. Sensible Days, I think it is a huge improvement.

- No rediculous score of for example 11-3 or whatever...
- We play in 2 legs anyway. Leagues, most cups and also ooo games are played with the famous re??

In my opinion we should come as close as possible to Offline standard . That was also the reason for us to invent the tactic disc and changed to Equal off ! But please no comments about this here, there are enough other threads. Stay on topic please... ;)

I agree i like 3 minutes
More
17 years 4 months ago #14498 by Teutopheus
More
17 years 4 months ago #14501 by Playaveli

Buh

Hehe, what do you want to tell us?
More
17 years 4 months ago #14502 by plamen_pik

Hi mates!

- No rediculous score of for example 11-3 or whatever...

3 min for sure is the best for me, better chances for weak players (like me) to teke something form the best players :)

P.S Offline Rulzzzzz ;)
More
17 years 4 months ago #14503 by Teutopheus
no agreement from me for 3mins....

maybe we change the kind of ooo....no more draws - lets play ooo with extra time and pen...

but i think, the 5mins are ok,...3mins are to fast, and i dont think the speed of games will change because of that...
More
17 years 4 months ago #14504 by Playaveli

but i think, the 5mins are ok,...3mins are to fast, and i dont think the speed of games will change because of that...

Well not the speed. But remember, many times the underdogs lead by 1-0 or have 1-1 draw. The longer the game the more likely the favorite will win.

3mins bring a fresh wind! ;)
More
17 years 4 months ago #14505 by Coolio_Jack
In my opinion, this wil reduce creativity, ofcourse, i might be wrong...
More
17 years 4 months ago - 17 years 4 months ago #14506 by Teutopheus
i only remeber my games vs top ten....i always lost in 90mins...dont matters if 5 min or 3min :P
More
17 years 4 months ago - 17 years 4 months ago #14507 by Playaveli

i only remeber my games vs top ten....i alyways lost in 90mins...dont matters if 5 min or 3min :P

How do you know if you never tried 3mins? (I mean ranked matches, ooo or league)

In my opinion, this wil reduce creativity, ofcourse, i might be wrong...

What is creativity? This word is not defined. Creativity can also be to lead by 1-0 and defend the lead with defense-tactic. ;)

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds