Re: Time change for online-SWOS?

More
17 years 3 months ago #15131 by SPIR

Otto, what difference does it make in learning if you play 120 3mins gamesoir about 80 5 mins games?

I think none...

This would mean many more half time and full time interuptions to damage the flow of game, wich would make us more frustrated and ultimately we would all learn less. Think for eksampel how frustrating an offside rule in swos would be. I vote for 5 mins games and also for scrapping offside rule in real football so there will be more SWOS style scores.
The topic has been locked.
  • Domin Gabryel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 3 months ago - 17 years 3 months ago #15169 by Domin Gabryel
Replied by Domin Gabryel on topic Re: Time change for online-SWOS?
Maybe 3 mins are too random. If You are weaker one, but have a luck in one game it is much easier to get through 3 min defending game instead of 5. It would be easier and more interesting for new or weaker players, it is quite big difference...

And 3 mins gives more adrenaline :)
Not only in every game - just compare : 2 games of 5 min and 3 games of 3 min - in 9 mins You got 3 thrillers; in 10 min. of 5 min games only 2 less thrilling games.

Maybe 3mins would be a challange for better players, because they should be even more accurate and play better when they have less time... Hm, i voted 5 min, but i would like to change my vote now :
More
17 years 3 months ago #15374 by the_cnk

5 mins?

You guys are mad!

SWOS should be played 3 mins. The way the game was made!

5 mins means you get results that look like icehockey matches. It s plain wrong!

Last Sensible Days (2004) there were lots of boring matches with over 3 goals scored by each team... a game should never be boring if both teams score more than 3 goals! It ruins the game! It kills the intensity, the speed, the adrenalin, the feeling!!

There s a reason why 3 mins is set as the standard. It the way the game should be played. Sensible is a fast game, it must be experienced fast.
I can t express how much I feel that 5 mins is wrong, wrong wrong....

Whoever came up with the strange idea of playing 5 mins? After 6 years of organizing SWOS tournaments in Denmark, no one has ever even played with the thought of playing 5 mins. It s unnatural.

well i didint get this one...why does scoring so much goals bothers u...if it bothers u than in sensi a man can jump post yo outside of the box or u can score form half way nearly in every match or u can score 3 golas in 89.minute..these must bother u too...sensi is not a football simulation...scoring more than 3 goals in evry match is not a problem for me..
and about standarts...there isnt a standart for any game...in fifa for example when u first install the game difficulty is on amateur...is this the standart for fifa...
and talkin about a standart of a thing which u can change form the OPTIONS menu is unnecessary i think...we all know what option means....
about the time...im with ottoman on this one...i think he is right about the creativity...less time less prepared goals...
and about newbees...do they have to win couse they are new or couse they are good...if they are good it doesnt matter if its 3 or 33 minted game...and i think they can handel to lose  their 3rd match againts a good player...

• Domin Gabryel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 3 months ago - 17 years 3 months ago #15378 by Domin Gabryel
You re wrong - your actions have to be more prepared, cause You wont have many other chances, you must be like SURGEON. And a goal is more cheerful fact in 3 than in 5 min.It is not about realism.
I may tell there is no difference if we play 5 or 10 minutes - it gives the same game. But 3 mins are thrilling.
In 5,7,10 min game if I lost a goal I dont care - I know I have muuch time to recover. If we play 3 min. no one would be so easy-going.

I changed my vote to 3 min (didnt see it before) . 5min is getting more and more boring.

Spir:
Think for eksampel how frustrating an offside rule in swos would be. I vote for 5 mins games and also for scrapping offside rule in real football so there will be more SWOS style scores.

LOL. Without offside in real football You would have boring and defensive football.
More
17 years 3 months ago #15379 by RobChef
I still like 5 min more but if 2 players meet who prefer 3 min ... just play 3 min. ::)
  • Domin Gabryel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 3 months ago - 17 years 3 months ago #15380 by Domin Gabryel

I still like 5 min more but if 2 players meet who prefer 3 min ... just play 3 min. ::)

you write before:
I like 5 minutes. It s more time and I can try some goals which are difficult and often don t wort

And that s why 5 min suxx. Too less pressure.
If I have one goal less than rival Im not scared (if it is before 70 min), and I know my rival isnt scared too, if he s losing with one goal.

In 3 min. game You re really affraid if You re losing in 30 min.

THAT S WHY EVERYBODY WHO WANT PLAY 5MIN INSTEAD OF 3 IS A C O W A R D
More
17 years 3 months ago - 17 years 3 months ago #15382 by Redhair
I still think 3mins are perfect, 5min games are a relic of early SEGA times.
We should think about a refurbishment.

I don t like to let the newbee s be shocked after the first matches against a tactic monster. Removing tactics from ooo s, national leagues and 3mins should be the first step. This would be a good base. You can play more games in a short time, that s better in my opinion. Newbee s have a small chance for a surprise in less time, hardcore players have more challenge. If you like to play 5mins or 10mins, it s ok for OOO, and/or with tactics, but please only if your opponent agree.
More
17 years 3 months ago #15384 by Oli O.
In other topics many said that they want fun in SWOS.
3 mins. matches are fun in a special way. :)
  • Domin Gabryel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 3 months ago - 17 years 3 months ago #15385 by Domin Gabryel
If we play 3 min even I will fully agree to custom tactics :)
More
17 years 3 months ago #15387 by Redhair
If you remember the old times, you come home and want to play some SWOS. So you switch on your Amiga and play. But: Did you switch to 5mins. before? I never did. I think 99% of all new members never did this and they could start here like they are familiarized with, but against humans ..
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds