Re: Time change for online-SWOS?

More
17 years 4 months ago #14585 by Playaveli

5 mins?

You guys are mad!

SWOS should be played 3 mins. The way the game was made!

5 mins means you get results that look like icehockey matches. It s plain wrong!

Last Sensible Days (2004) there were lots of boring matches with over 3 goals scored by each team... a game should never be boring if both teams score more than 3 goals! It ruins the game! It kills the intensity, the speed, the adrenalin, the feeling!!

There s a reason why 3 mins is set as the standard. It the way the game should be played. Sensible is a fast game, it must be experienced fast.
I can t express how much I feel that 5 mins is wrong, wrong wrong....

Whoever came up with the strange idea of playing 5 mins? After 6 years of organizing SWOS tournaments in Denmark, no one has ever even played with the thought of playing 5 mins. It s unnatural.

The topic has been locked.
More
17 years 4 months ago #14586 by Oli O.
Let s use 10 minutes!
Then there is the most time for many, many creative attacks etc.! :D

I use my gamestyle for scoring my goals, no matter if time is set to 3, 5, 7 or 10 minutes. As already said with 3 mins. there is enough space for surprising results. It s also very useful for handling large tournaments.
More
17 years 4 months ago #14587 by Emmeti
Who is junior? Is he playing swos with us?
More
17 years 4 months ago #14588 by Oli O.
Junior is one member of the Danish SWOS community called ISSA.
More
17 years 4 months ago - 17 years 4 months ago #14589 by Playaveli

Junior is one member of the Danish SWOS community called ISSA.

Not only member...president! ;)

www.sensible.dk
More
17 years 4 months ago #14590 by GFC
It is a bit off-topic, but I want to share this with you guys...

I think that the time aspect of this situation is not as important as it seems. I see the only one advantage in 3mins games in comparison to 5 mins ones: more ralistic final scores (not waterpolo ones :) )

I think the main problem lies in overrated quality of individual players in swos. There are some player that are fast and have such ball control that you can always score a well-known dribbling goal walk-into-the-net.

I have been thinking for a while about some other idea: to limit the value of the teams we are playing with :) I mean - no players of 15M, no so fast and so skilled players. In other words: to take 2nd, 3rd division teams instead of top ones. Take Brentford instead of Man Utd :)

That, in my opinion, brings more interesting games, harder for everyone to play, more interesting scores and finally reducement of goals per match. Play one 10-mins game with the teams from i.e. Malaysia league and you ll see how much you will have to work hard with your fingers to score a goal :)

bye bye
More
17 years 4 months ago - 17 years 4 months ago #14591 by Playaveli
Ehhm, disagreed, because nearly every diagonal distance shot is a goal. The goalies are too weak, they just fall over the ball...
Then everybody will make distance shot and people will again discuss one-move things.

;)

And as you said, it s a bit off topic.
More
17 years 4 months ago #14592 by Ottoman

@Otto

We had this discussion yester day in chat:

These so called One-Way-Goals are in my eyes only One-Way-Defence-Mistakes , nothing else....

Who call this One-Way-Goals is a crying baby for me..... 8)

i agree with that.. i was saying that in creativity or SRN discussion too.. everyone can play which style they want.. i m enjoying in all the close games.. but my worry is 3 mins force me to less creativity play too.. i m worriying about my game.. not the others..

and i had a few tournaments with 3 mins matches.. it s really feeling too short after u get use 5 mins matches..

lastly all the stats until this time will seem exaggeratted...
More
17 years 4 months ago #14593 by Playaveli
Otto, why let you force yourself by the time of 3mins to less creativity if you don t care about winning or loosing. That is paradox...
More
17 years 4 months ago #14594 by Teutopheus
5mins are, and wil be always the right way to play.......

3mins are MUCH TO SHORT
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds