Re: Time change for online-SWOS?

More
17 years 4 months ago #14554 by Redhair
Very interesting question! 5 minute games are cool for me because I m no killer and I need the time to score my goals and like Coolio said, it s more relaxed. But, I think 3 mins is the standard setting for SWOS and the results are much more realistic then. More surprises are possible, as you know ;) I like this. So, I don t know what s better for online, but for offline games 3 mins are better. I m interested in this voting. For now, in my opinion, 55:45 for 3 mins, so I voted for 3 mins . On the other side you have much more time if you play online (besides on cups), so playing 5 mins is no problem. Looking forward to the voting results ..
The topic has been locked.
More
17 years 4 months ago #14558 by Pallister
What a discussion! Great idea Playa!!!

There s something i want to say about it: I can t believe that so many good players are obviously frightened to loose vs. newbies or lower ranked opponents if the gamelength is shortened to 3 min. ??? The player who wins after 90 min deserved the victory. Never mind if he s a veteran or a newbie!!! I don t care a pap for it if i loose a 5 min or a 3 min game. The only thing i know is, instead of playin 2 or 3 matches against anyone, I can play 3 or 4 matches in the same time. And i disagree with u Ottoman. Nearly all players i played by now scored as much goals as they can in every match. I remember the time when i ve begun to play here. Players, who were in the top 20 of the world, are leading 8-0 against me. And they try to score and score and score with this fuckin Runnin -in-Goals. That s no creativity at all, mate!!! So there s nothing to loose for a lot of players here.

Otherwise I want to say and agree with u, Otto, that some players actually stop their creativity because they want to score and win. So feel free to lead 3-0, then it is possible to redevelop your creativity. :D

But there s something I want to know: If more players here vote for 3 min gamelength, what about the other players who prefer the 5 min game???? I hope that we don t loose members then or sthg. because they won t play this length.

I m very curious about the result of this voting, mates!

Greets from Pallister
More
17 years 4 months ago #14563 by Playaveli
Nice post Pallister. Agreed for the most part.

But PLEASE, all of you, stop this discussion about Creativity. It is not only creativity to score only dream goals from 50 yards or standing headers...get off from that thought...

What the hell IS creativity? Creativity is a word which goes in a thousand directions (infact, that is what this word is all about)...for instance I would consider it as really creative to find ANY way to win against someone else. No matter with what goals, no matter with what defense...

Stop it, it s bullshit!
More
17 years 4 months ago #14573 by Emmeti
3 mins game : i have 1 shot or 2 in the whole game ... i have to decide, the old reliable diagonal with bebeto or i try a cross + standing header.... hmmmm  what a dilemma.
More
17 years 4 months ago #14574 by Ottoman
i can explain my idea with an example.. i wanna play 10 mins matches in ASL or OOO with RED, COOLiO, STROMi or players like these.. and if u look stats these players win agaisnt me much more than me.. so by your idea i should ask 3 mins games agaisnt them.. i think definetly no.. u can have fun when lose too

it s valid for newbies or weak players too i think.. if u wanna get better, play with better players from u.. but 3 mins is too short to learn somethings .. cause like i said if we make 3 mins, players that make various play will take less risk..
More
17 years 4 months ago - 17 years 4 months ago #14578 by Playaveli
Otto, what difference does it make in learning if you play 120 3mins gamesoir about 80 5 mins games?

I think none...
More
17 years 4 months ago #14579 by Wänä81

Otto, what difference does it make in learning if you play 120 3mins gamesoir about 80 5 mins games?

I think none...

That´s absolutly right . ;)

3 mins game : i have 1 shot or 2 in the whole game ...

This is a little bit understated. ;D

More
17 years 4 months ago #14582 by Ottoman

I think none...

it s different i think cause in 3 mins there ll be less more kind of goals or attacks.. when time is short we all try same goals.. i m not agaisnt player who makes same goal in everytime.. i m enjoying when playing with them too.. but i dont wanna see my game same too in everymatch.. and i think 3 mins will force me to do this..
More
17 years 4 months ago #14583 by Marin Parushev
Have you ever tried this. Play SWOS on 3 min mode and in 44-th minute or in 89-th get a corner kick. Then press S to view the statistics... Do you know what happens?
More
17 years 4 months ago #14584 by Teutopheus
@Otto

We had this discussion yester day in chat:

These so called One-Way-Goals are in my eyes only One-Way-Defence-Mistakes , nothing else....

Who call this One-Way-Goals is a crying baby for me..... 8)
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds