Tactic rules

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #125463 by Coolio_Jack
Replied by Coolio_Jack on topic Re: Tactic rules

Hm, you try to discuss with the organizers about how the rules on their event should be.

Hm, i think you re wrong here, World Cup is a community s event, changes organizers evey year, and its Sanek s event just as much as everyone else s. So, i dont see why would it be so rude to discuss it. I personally also see tactics as just another part of the game, but i wouldnt say that voting between participants is some kind of blasphemy. Taking it completely away would probavly be wrong, but if there was a compromise on amiga with 1 game each, don t see why the same wouldnt be done on PC too if majority(thats yet to be seen) is up for it.

Btw, i really missed the tactics discussion, been a while, always the most fun one ;)
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 8 months ago #125464 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Tactic rules
Fair point, if you like to think so.
Apart from this discussion actually, that s a great compliment for us (who invented it, made it bigger, made it official, and later on organized it) to have created something like an institution in which everybody feels involved and owning it without having invested any work at all.
Thank you!
More
9 years 8 months ago #125465 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Tactic rules
Well I think it is quite normal that you analyze the rules, setups etc. and listen to suggestions of what can be done better after big events. Many players with different point of views is always interesting. Earlier we had this discussion before, along with penalty decisions. A rule of compromise is always going to piss somebody off for sure. You can compare this to real life politics.

I agree that on smaller events, organizers can dictate whatever rules they like. But Sensible Days is somewhat a special case, It should be both for the elite but also for all who likes SWOS. Giving a ruleset that makes everyone happy is probably a mission impossible.

Im still waiting for well thought out arguments, telling why we should change the rules as of now. A 50/50 rule on both systems will be a bit of let down imo, especially with the current arguments posted so far. But lets see what will be posted.
More
9 years 8 months ago #125466 by dior
Replied by dior on topic Re: Tactic rules
If there would be a voting, I would vote for tactics without restrictions (well maybe with rule - one custom tactic per game). I tried to create my custom tactic, never could get use to it. I prefer to play by sweep but still i just have to agree with an argument that we shouldn t forbit to use some feature of the game.
More
9 years 8 months ago #125474 by sanek
Replied by sanek on topic Re: Tactic rules
real PC player took the vote
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #125475 by sanek
so lets analyze the game, point of make this discussion started
oryginally sensible soccer has happened on Amiga s version, SWOS with tactics same
where as i said before
players are faster
passes are faster
field of game much more bigger
ball control is better
I dont know what kind of arguments are you waiting for...
and here we got conversion on PC
with the same rules appiled, even more restricted
we talked about online XBOX ver am i right ?
I ve heard that its not good enough, tackles are down, this-that ok...
and now you say game is a game, but no, not every swos game was made so perfect as amiga ver...
I would like to see you playing against real tactic PC player and you without one, its not the same in any bit versus amigas version
anyway i want here only justice for 50/50 and not any more of that

and about this cup in Serbia how many people got their own tactic ? all, half ? i dont think so...
beside of all of this, newcommers will come on tournamens and say: we want to play both on tactics... yeah right, close them afterwards, so they wont be missing
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #125476 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: Tactic rules

anyway i want here only justice for 50/50 and not any more of that

Come on, please don t talk about justice because the rules are all the same tor EVERY player.
Do you want to say Sensi Days are an unjust tournament?
You want restrictions - and in my opinion that s not a really fair thing.

Everybody is free to build is own custom tactic or take one from the disk or to use a standard tactic -
you have three options so I really cannot see any injustice here.

and about this cup in Serbia how many people got their own tactic ? all, half ? i dont think so...

I ve been there but I don t remember how many used standard and how many custom tactics.
However, the organizers told before that custom tactics will be allowed and we had no discussions there.
The more important thing is: Mladen won with standard 4-4-2 and Newcastle (!) against Marin (custom tactic),
myself (custom tactic) and Dennis (custom tactic) in a row to become first.

Hm, i think you re wrong here, World Cup is a community s event, changes organizers evey year, and its Sanek s event just as much as everyone else s.

It is a communities event but an event for the community.
However, there is a crew who build up this thing from 2004 to 2009 and even created the website.
Ask these people how much time and especially money (!) they invested to set the basics for these events.
They established not only these tournaments but also some well-proven rules that work well since years.

Of course it is also an event FOR Sanek but not his event. Furthermore, this doesn t justify his poor argumentation to make things easier (!!!) for people who don t want to use custom tactics or to put in more justice . And this also doesn t justifys comments like chicken , afraid to lose or his reaction to Diors post.
More
9 years 8 months ago #125477 by dior
Replied by dior on topic Re: Tactic rules

What that suppose to mean? Im not good enough for you to express my opinion?
  • W81
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #125478 by W81
Replied by W81 on topic Re: Tactic rules
Long time ago, i had the same lame excuses like Sanek has! I played only with standard tactics and i was too lazy to create my own. After senseless discussions here in forum, i create my own tactic. It took less time than my whole posts in the discussion before :P
Come on Sanek, create your own tactic and be creative.

That is nonsens! Sorry, but i have no other word for it.... ::)
More
9 years 8 months ago #125479 by sanek
Yeah, i just wanted to make my game easier, because im so lame, uncreative, and really cant play PC swos, especially without tactics, as you showed me recently
Dior, i can express my opinion about yours.
True that Sensidays are not mine but yours, so i wont be bother you with this unthinkable nonsense again, not any one of my points was true, all just joke...
And you gave me full excuse for PC rules and for amiga s

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds