Re: SWOS Manager Ver. 2 Released

More
13 years 5 months ago #93292 by Synchronated
Condition?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• electrospectre
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #93295 by electrospectre
Replied by electrospectre on topic Re: SWOS Manager Ver. 2 Released

Condition?

yes, but in what way can it be distinguished from EXH ?

is it injury proneness?

would dearly like to know as i m on an editin streak here, having incorporated your most recent updates, synch.

More
13 years 5 months ago #93296 by Synchronated
Ha, I don t know. I m sure King DA will answer.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #93299 by King D.A.

is it injury proneness?

Yes.
The exhaustion increase depending on your condition (similar to endurance) of your player and the behaviour in your tactics setting.
Example:
Behaviour: very hard
Condition: low (eg. 10)
Result: High Exhaustion, high injury proneness (depending on your doctor as well)
Exhaustion influences the player strength in a negative way as well.

but what does CON/condition actually mean... is it physique? how does it influence the other skills- is it similar to consistency or form?

The Condition influence the other values by the half.
I added it to get the physical component into the game (and SWOS, more or less) and not only the technical.
Example:
CON: 50
SHT: 100
Result: SHT = 75

(King, remember that 0 = 8, 7 = 15, etc. :) )

hehe, that shouldnt be a problem.

I wouldn t do this if you plan to sell the game or anything though.

Well, i think im 2-3 years away from making this a saleable game.

More
13 years 5 months ago #93300 by Mozg
That Excel s database is in fact quite large, but I think that FM s database is much larger. I hope that Genie Scout will be released soon, but now it s possible to get data from FM 2010 :) So maybe there is hope to create quite big database without need of spending months on it :)

More
13 years 5 months ago #93301 by King D.A.
Next update:
- fixed a bug in stadium improvement
- homewins influence popularity much more
- fixed a bug in Converter from Editor

www.sensiblesoccer.info/forum/index.php?...64.msg92272#msg92272

• electrospectre
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #93303 by electrospectre
Replied by electrospectre on topic Re: SWOS Manager Ver. 2 Released

is it injury proneness?

Yes.
The exhaustion increase depending on your condition (similar to endurance) of your player and the behaviour in your tactics setting.
Example:
Behaviour: very hard
Condition: low (eg. 10)
Result: High Exhaustion, high injury proneness (depending on your doctor as well)
Exhaustion influences the player strength in a negative way as well.

but what does CON/condition actually mean... is it physique? how does it influence the other skills- is it similar to consistency or form?

The Condition influence the other values by the half.
I added it to get the physical component into the game (and SWOS, more or less) and not only the technical.
Example:
CON: 50
SHT: 100
Result: SHT = 75

okay, so by behaviour, i think you might mean intensity, right?
umm, i don t think it s true that teams all collectively play at the same intensity, only that certain individuals do... alas, perhaps the player condition concept is slightly flawed if it s connected to team behaviour/intensity.

anybody can play at high intensity, though it will leave uneven exhaustion results. this will depend on age, application and other factors.

besides all this, i really like your innovation. :)

say, i would really like to see another variable implementing within the game, such as form . this would cause you to continually monitor the progress of your squad and use the full number of players at your disposal, otherwise these boys are never used.

take for example, hypothetically, a midfielder with a starting average of 50 in WORST form (1/5) could only show a current average of 30. at the same time, an initially inferior reserve/youth player with a starting average of only 20 in BEST form (5/5) could show 40 in the AVG coloumn.

established player 30 AVG vs 40 AVG unestablished player.

therefore it would be worth changing the untried player in the place of the midfielder currently in appalling form.

form could be affected by results/exhaustion/condition?

ha, sorry to drag this out, but i am most interested in these variables you are adding to swos. these are the developments i ve been hoping for year upon year...

it s fantastic, keep it up!

Well, i think im 2-3 years away from making this a saleable game.

lolza !

More
13 years 5 months ago #93307 by Synchronated

That Excel s database is in fact quite large, but I think that FM s database is much larger.

Oh, it is much larger. I just found errors that I couldn t explain in a kind way. So personally I m only going to use it for leagues that aren t in FIFA.

More
13 years 5 months ago #93336 by King D.A.

okay, so by behaviour, i think you might mean intensity, right?
umm, i don t think it s true that teams all collectively play at the same intensity, only that certain individuals do... alas, perhaps the player condition concept is slightly flawed if it s connected to team behaviour/intensity.

anybody can play at high intensity, though it will leave uneven exhaustion results. this will depend on age, application and other factors.

Good points, but the mayor problem is find out a good formula how these values should influence a player.
I decided to give the coach the opportunity to say how his players should play, i know not realistic, but it does his job. :)

say, i would really like to see another variable implementing within the game, such as form . this would cause you to continually monitor the progress of your squad and use the full number of players at your disposal, otherwise these boys are never used.

take for example, hypothetically, a midfielder with a starting average of 50 in WORST form (1/5) could only show a current average of 30. at the same time, an initially inferior reserve/youth player with a starting average of only 20 in BEST form (5/5) could show 40 in the AVG coloumn.

established player 30 AVG vs 40 AVG unestablished player.

therefore it would be worth changing the untried player in the place of the midfielder currently in appalling form.

form could be affected by results/exhaustion/condition?

I had the form in a previous version and wasnt satisfied how it turned out.
So i dropped it for the Trend.
I suggest that you work out a concept how the form can be implemented (not code, formulas) and i will look at it and decided how it can be implemented. :)

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #93366 by Mozg
Hi King. I ve thought about what I ve written yesterday, and I think that the following idea is worth considering: to create in SM Editor an option import form .CSV , which option would take team players data form .CSV file prepared earlier (data should be in correct order), and paste it into editor. It will become very highly effective tool for Sensible Manager fans (including me :) ) to create huge databases based on Football Manager data (or maybe other sources) in quite short time. If work on it will be hard or time-consuming for you? If it won t, IMO it s worth to create. It could allow to play with many many teams, so it ll increase playability of Sensible Manager or maybe even make many new Sensible Fans! I (hope not only) will be happy if I could create some data, but just don t want to waste time on typing every single value to the editor ;) What do you think about the idea?

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds