Re: SWOS Manager Ver. 2 Released

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #97997 by King D.A.
and another update:
- Fixed a bug in drawing for international competitons
- added some statistics to the MainMenu and changed the Search in Entice Away

see First Post for Download Link.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #98110 by starwindz
Great software! Very frequent update!
Thank you. :)

More
13 years 1 month ago #98839 by maycher
First of all, many thanks to you King for all this. As someone said before, it s something that we all were dreaming about in the mid 90-ties. The idea of creating difficulty levels is what majority of us really needed mostly - so many times I gave up my SWOS careers because they were not challenging anymore. Another good thing is reducing the number of scoreless games. The number of games finishing with a draw in SWOS was a way too high (70-80%) and because of that it was so easy to get a high league position without having an outstanding W-D-L score. Now it s more realistic. There is something I need to ask, though. I started my career with Torpedo Moscow (bottom of Russian 2nd Div.). At the beginning of the 1st season there was a pool of transfer-listed players. I purchased one of them, some others were traded elsewhere and since they ve gone, no new players show up on the list. I thought, it might change with the start of the 2nd season but it didn t. Moreover, I don t receive any Advertisement offers or youth players anymore. Literally, since the early weeks of the 1st season all my environment seems to be dead - the only News messages I get are those about my injured players. Nothing happens apart from that. So I wanted to ask if anybody else noticed something similar or is it just me?

PS. Just to check I started a new career in a different league (Austria) only to quickly simulate a few games and have noticed the same about transfer list. Once a player is traded and disappears, no new player comes up the list. Finally the list gets empty and that s it.

More
13 years 1 month ago #98844 by King D.A.

First of all, many thanks to you King for all this. As someone said before, it s something that we all were dreaming about in the mid 90-ties. The idea of creating difficulty levels is what majority of us really needed mostly - so many times I gave up my SWOS careers because they were not challenging anymore. Another good thing is reducing the number of scoreless games. The number of games finishing with a draw in SWOS was a way too high (70-80%) and because of that it was so easy to get a high league position without having an outstanding W-D-L score. Now it s more realistic. There is something I need to ask, though. I started my career with Torpedo Moscow (bottom of Russian 2nd Div.). At the beginning of the 1st season there was a pool of transfer-listed players. I purchased one of them, some others were traded elsewhere and since they ve gone, no new players show up on the list. I thought, it might change with the start of the 2nd season but it didn t. Moreover, I don t receive any Advertisement offers or youth players anymore. Literally, since the early weeks of the 1st season all my environment seems to be dead - the only News messages I get are those about my injured players. Nothing happens apart from that. So I wanted to ask if anybody else noticed something similar or is it just me?

I have to adjust the random of these events a bit more, especially for transfer.
The advertisement offers depends on your sponsor popularity (greater value - more new offers).
The same goes for Youth players. Better youth coach - higher chance of new youth players.

I already changed some other stuff. Maybe i release another update today.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #98899 by King D.A.
and another update:
- added new option: Loans
- changed account settings: now its possible to buy players or extend stadium, even with negative account value. See manual for informations.

More
13 years 1 month ago #98960 by maycher
And the transfer market is alive again, hoorray! I have also to cancel my moans about Ad offers and Youth Players, it works ok. It s getting better and better. I m even a bit afraid that in a few days or so, because of my SWOS job I may forget about the real one :)

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #99018 by King D.A.
and another update:
- fixed a bug in Public Relations and Fan Products
- added 8 new countries: Netherlands, Ukraine, Greece, Belgium, Romania, Scotland, Poland, Denmark

More
13 years 1 month ago #99048 by maycher
There seems to be a bug in European competitions as well. In Continental Cup after playing the 1st round when I go to Results only 21 out of 32 scores are displayed and when I go to Schedule to see the pairings for the next round I still see only the 1st round pairs. In Champions Cup my club (Lech Poznan) was matched against Ajax in the last 16 stage but after playing 1st game, when I went to Results it showed only my game (the other seven disappeared) titled as the final. The same happened after playing 2nd leg - the other pairs were not displayed. Finally, in the Cup Winners Cup at the same stage (last 16) in the Results section I can only see 4 out of 8 pairs and no pairing for the next round. Basically there are some errors in each of the European competitions, although it was all fine in 2.0.1.3 version. I started this career with an original Europe 10-11 file that was in the game already and haven t done anything in the editor.

PS. I haven t managed a team from outside Europe yet, so I don t know if the bug appears only in European international competitions or in the others as well.

More
13 years 1 month ago #99053 by King D.A.
and another update:
- fixed the bug with the results/schedule. Had an error in the calculation of the match days which led to the strange behaivour.

• electrospectre
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago #99080 by electrospectre
Replied by electrospectre on topic Re: SWOS Manager Ver. 2 Released
only a quick observation, but the match attendances have suffered again in this version. the previous versions 2.0.1.3/4 seemed to fill the stadiums closer to capacity, which is far more realistic.

great progress continues apace, though!

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds