Re: SWOS Manager Ver. 2 Released

More
13 years 1 month ago #99108 by King D.A.

only a quick observation, but the match attendances have suffered again in this version. the previous versions 2.0.1.3/4 seemed to fill the stadiums closer to capacity, which is far more realistic.

great progress continues apace, though!

The Spectator calculation is far away from being realistic.
When you look at the lower leagues you will notice unrealistic spectator counts.
ATM the Spectator calculation have to fit into financial system (and have to flexible as well) and dont have to reflect real numbers.
btw.: When you win the championship, cup or an international cup you receive much higher earnings then before.
That should help to survive with one of the big clubs (like Barcelona).

I still open for new and better calculations for the whole finance system. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #99166 by maycher
Just a quick question - what does the Country Strenght figure reflect? Is it an average number of all players skills in the league or does it depend on the results achieved by the clubs from that league in international competitions?

More
13 years 1 month ago #99236 by King D.A.

Just a quick question - what does the Country Strenght figure reflect? Is it an average number of all players skills in the league or does it depend on the results achieved by the clubs from that league in international competitions?

It reflects the Average strength (average strength is based upon the players in the start formation, Top11) of the clubs from the first league of each country.

• elcortes
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago #99288 by elcortes
Replied by elcortes on topic Re: SWOS Manager Ver. 2 Released
Hello guys!

First of all: WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!! :)

Couple of questions:

- I probably can give you some help (i m a 10 years C# / .net programmer). Do you have any plans in releasing the sourcecode / hosting in sourceforge?
-How about a config file? It seems some of the bugs / Requests people have, could be easily solved with a config file (Ex, multiplier for crowds increase, rate of trainning increase / decrease, etc...). In this way, people that uses this manager tool could help in finding the correct settings, and you wouldn t need to make new releases just to correct abnormal stats increase / decrease.

Again, congrats for this great ideia.

• elcortes
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago #99329 by elcortes
Hello!
One more question:

Regarding player stats, anyone noticed that top players get 99/100 across the board in all stats?
Example: Peter crouch Speed:99
Does anyone have a text file with the stats of the players (1 to 15) of the current season? I think i can edit the xml file of the manager to transform the values to keep the playability more balanced (i am playing with newcastle, and my opponent attackers have more tackling than my defenders :))

More
13 years 1 month ago #99336 by King D.A.

Hello!
One more question:

Regarding player stats, anyone noticed that top players get 99/100 across the board in all stats?
Example: Peter crouch Speed:99
Does anyone have a text file with the stats of the players (1 to 15) of the current season? I think i can edit the xml file of the manager to transform the values to keep the playability more balanced (i am playing with newcastle, and my opponent attackers have more tackling than my defenders :))

The SWOS stats are going from 0-7.
8-15 is used in SWOS for more valueable player, which are in fact have the same stats as their cheaper counterparts (0-7).
I have to tweak the tool that generate these data.

Hello guys!

First of all: WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!! :)

Couple of questions:

- I probably can give you some help (i m a 10 years C# / .net programmer). Do you have any plans in releasing the sourcecode / hosting in sourceforge?
-How about a config file? It seems some of the bugs / Requests people have, could be easily solved with a config file (Ex, multiplier for crowds increase, rate of trainning increase / decrease, etc...). In this way, people that uses this manager tool could help in finding the correct settings, and you wouldn t need to make new releases just to correct abnormal stats increase / decrease.

Again, congrats for this great ideia.

The most important part is already in your hand.
The DataBase.
The source code is pretty trivial (uses a lot of standard .NET components, simple logic), except for the formulas.
The formulas are the problem and not the values that goes into the formulas. ;)
And dont forget that every person has it own preference what might be correct (good). ;)

• elcortes
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago #99348 by elcortes
So, your manager have all the stats from a player in a scale of 1 to 100, and when it creates a file to SWOS to play the game it transforms the stats to a scale of 1 to 7?

More
13 years 1 month ago #99371 by King D.A.

So, your manager have all the stats from a player in a scale of 1 to 100, and when it creates a file to SWOS to play the game it transforms the stats to a scale of 1 to 7?

Exactly, but its not linear.
These are the values:
1 - 15 = 0
16 - 31 = 1
32 - 47 = 2
48 - 63 = 3
64 - 74 = 4
75 - 85 = 5
86 - 96 = 6
97 - 100 = 7

• elcortes
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago #99376 by elcortes
You also apply condition, right?
example: Passing: 50 Condition: 40 - average value 45, so it transforms it to a 2

More
13 years 1 month ago #99377 by King D.A.

You also apply condition, right?
example: Passing: 50 Condition: 40 - average value 45, so it transforms it to a 2

That was done in an older version.
Now the condition is counted as normal attribute, but it influences the Exhaustion of a player.

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds