PC SWOS Online - A new trail!

More
17 years 5 months ago - 17 years 5 months ago #14410 by Oli O.
PC SWOS on LAN is useless because if my opponent and I are in the same house, then we can play side by side on one PC....:D

VNC on webbrowser might be unplayable but you can also use VNC on another way with server and client. - UltraVNC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #14411 by Stromberg
The DOSBox team refused to integrate kaillera :/ vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=8937 highlight=kaillera

More
17 years 5 months ago #14433 by Stromberg
The end of this PC SWOS online dream arrived 1 minute ago. I tried with plamen_pik. He connected to my pc with UltraVNC. It worked fine with the swos menu, but as soon as i started the game it went down for him to like 1fps/2secs :(

More
17 years 5 months ago #14434 by Playaveli

The end of this PC SWOS online dream arrived 1 minute ago. I tried with plamen_pik. He connected to my pc with UltraVNC. It worked fine with the swos menu, but as soon as i started the game it went down for him to like 1fps/2secs :(

I am sure this is not the end of the dream. If it works fine in the menus there must be a solution for ingame action...

Maybe better if both Computers have Win98 or something...don t know, but something has to happen with that!

More
15 years 7 months ago #52247 by RobChef
I just saw that the latest Dosbox has multiplayer, somebody tried that?

vogons.zetafleet.com/viewforum.php?f=45

More
15 years 7 months ago #52250 by Playaveli

I just saw that the latest Dosbox has multiplayer, somebody tried that?

vogons.zetafleet.com/viewforum.php?f=45

OMG! :o :o :o
Not yet...but I will try this. On the first glance it looks extremely complicated though.
Thanks for the link.

More
15 years 7 months ago #52256 by Kyon
Yeah its amazing feature

More
15 years 7 months ago #52257 by Playaveli
Ok, the dream has died one more time:

More recent versions of DosBox have had virtual modem support, and as of the writing of this guide, the CVS contains virtual IPX support. Virtual modem support emulates modem connectivity over the Internet. This makes it possible for people to play old DOS modem-based multiplayer games over the Internet, no extra hardware required. The virtual modem also effectively turns DOS BBS software like PC-Link, Qmodem and Ripterm into a Telnet client. This allows DOS modem software to connect to bulletin boards now made available over the Internet. While the virtual modem is limited to two DosBox sessions/individuals connected at one time, the virtual IPX support makes games that supported several connected players possible.

vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=4328

SWOS didn t have the modem-option, obviously. So even a virtual-modem in a dosbox won t help.

More
15 years 7 months ago #52258 by RobChef
Damn. :(
We can fly to the moon but we can not play old dos games online.
I ll continue to search anyway. :P

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds