Re: This has to be changed (I think)

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #100154 by Playaveli
No objection from my side!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #100155 by Rock and Roll
Agreed, and agreed on Ruichi seeing as we know he s frequently online etc..

The only drawback would be that the whole big admin -thing would still be in the hands of only two nations,
which doesn t feel right to me (I have no problems with the current situation, only if the amount of admins increases).
If people agree on increasing the amount of site admins, I d add two people and make sure one of those
is not from Germany / Poland to strengthen the international component of the site s community.
And no, I m not trying to put myself into such a position as I believe there are people who would be far better in the job
than little old me (for example the chances of me ever being able to go to SensiDays are slim, and I only registered
here in June 2009).

I would like to seize this opportunity to ask your guys thoughts on giving one player (a league manager?) from each nation
the rights to give SRN instead of keep having to send pm s concerning domestic cups to one of the main site admins (we had a
few posts on this subject in the Euroleague section of the forum).
This would (for example) decrease the workload of the main admins and strengthen the aforementioned international component.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #100159 by dimetrodon
I think to be a big admin is more work an duty than possibility and authority, so I don t think it would be problem if only 2 nations would give admins. Germany the founder nation, Poland is hugely the biggest and most active, so not accidentally this two nations have. And don t forget: not so many people online daily.

A slightly different question would be: maybe there is possibility to give some rights to league admins. Not big admin rights, but some. I think it is technical question if it is possible to do it separately. (Yes, I would also like to organize some SRN-effective tournament in our caountry, but it is not very-very important, just would be nice.)

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #100163 by Rock and Roll
For example, the founder nation has lost a lot of active players, and not many people speak Polish.
I can see the advantages of having e.g an Italian admin.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #100164 by dimetrodon
I think as English is the lingua franca for the community the big admins have to speak English, the league managers have to speak English, but the members don t have to speak English and don t have to speak with the big admins . Sometime it would be necessary but in these rare cases the league manager can mediate. So I don t think the nationality of an administrative person is relevant.

But in the same time sharing duties means sharing responsibility so maybe the community would become stable with a broader base.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #100165 by lemonheadiv

If people agree on increasing the amount of site admins, I d add two people and make sure one of those
is not from Germany / Poland to strengthen the international component of the site s community.

I agree with Rock. Also, I don t see it as a question of authority, more of duty, as Dimetrodon wrote, so why add just one more player to the team? I m not saying that there should be 15 main admins but why limiting ourselves to one?

Alternatively, it would be nice for each league manager to be able to close/open seasons (I thought it was already up to them but I found out it wasn t when I first tried to open Serie A in february). The aim would be to reduce the workload of the four main admins.

And yes, I propose myself, but I wouldn t mind anyone else to do it, if only he is to be online EVERYDAY.

But that (being online everyday) is not the main requirement to open and close leagues, is it? You don t have to be online every single day of your life to do that nor to certify that you are following the community...
I d say being around at the right time (for example for deadlines) and checking your emails daily is what counts...and of course if more players have the chance to lend a hand it s easier to manage everything.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #100167 by ruichi
As I said I don t have to be the ONE ;) or one of a 2-3. I just want SOMEONE to be there often, so I wouldn t have to wait few days to solve a problem or open a season ETC.

I would like to seize this opportunity to ask your guys thoughts on giving one player (a league manager?) from each nation
the rights to give SRN instead of keep having to send pm s concerning domestic cups to one of the main site admins (we had a
few posts on this subject in the Euroleague section of the forum).
This would (for example) decrease the workload of the main admins and strengthen the aforementioned international component.

That I agree

A slightly different question would be: maybe there is possibility to give some rights to league admins. Not big admin rights, but some. I think it is technical question if it is possible to do it separately. (Yes, I would also like to organize some SRN-effective tournament in our caountry, but it is not very-very important, just would be nice.)

As far as I know the only SRN effective cup can be league cup or nation cup, but I think that s what u mean

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #100170 by dimetrodon

As far as I know the only SRN effective cup can be league cup or nation cup, but I think that s what u mean

Yes and no. First SRN for Cup and League Cup automatically (or managerically) but other events eg. national clashes with other nations (we have a forming monthly duel with Eurolegaue) or any other. OOO games are SRN-effective, so why a regular tournament not?

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #100171 by ruichi
I think there was a thread sometime ago about this, but not sure :)
TBH I ve never had friendly tournament srn effective myself - and we all (well.. new ones don t) remember my MEGA CUP :) with almost 100 players :)

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #100172 by dimetrodon
EU vs. Hun matches are anything but friendly. Blood, swear and tears.

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds