Better connection wins the game!

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62079 by Zafer
Man, you re giving me such hope as I keep trying to survive here with high pings (just posted a msg to the p2p high ping discussion forum:), is there anything I can do for the realization of this? Like e-mailing those guys everyday or a trip to England? :D
The topic has been locked.
More
15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #62080 by Retrieving
@ Ejder: if these guys (either them or the ones developing nFBA, so we got at least two shots) confirm that the netcode of their middleware can handle SWOS without having to mess with the source code (which from what I ve gathered doesn t seem that easy to handle, I wouldn t be surprised if only a handful of people in the whole world besides the original developers were capable of figuring it out) , an occurrence that theoretically should be within the realm of possible given the raw CPU computing power of the average home-system nowadays (if my 4 yrs old notebook can rollback succesfully entire frames of SFIII:3rdS I m fairly sure that most of the machines out there could do the same with SWOS without much sweat), we ll just start a massive e-mailing campaign and keep going til they give in haha. I wouldn t mind a pilgrimage either!

Playa, Redhair and ElmichaJ alone will probably be enough to convince them though, the guys definately have a way with words when it comes to promoting SWOS. :D

Anyway the dudes who re working on the emulator haven t answered my messages yet so I dunno.

@ daimaou: you re probably right, I got mistaken by the way people nicknamed the new generation of middlewares.

More
13 years 1 month ago #99103 by lemonheadiv
Yep, Waenae is right...it s an international league and this means that nobody can expect to play all of his matches with the same exact ping...well, unless one is successful in convincing every ASL opponent that they must play on Arena where his ping value is always the same (and incidentally excellent); naturally in an offline environment we could all play at 100% of our possibilities but that s how online goes.

Just keep in mind that everything is relative. Two players playing their national league matches in, let s say, Portugal will NOT play with 4/5 frames delay by default, hence they are not high pingers in an absolute sense. I wonder what would happen if there were 3/4 guys from Greece in Super ASL and just one from Poland...someone could come here and write:
Hey, there s a problem with that guy there...

P2P is already a good achievement as it means that the same delay is shared. Sure playing with high delays sucks for everyone.

More
13 years 1 month ago #99107 by Rock and Roll
Well said lemonhead!
More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #99111 by Retrieving

there is problem like players for example like Patigoal, i don t want play with him where he had 4-5 delay on p2p mode... Lobo said few month ago that I don t must play with players like that delay, but if I didn t play with him I propably will be delayed because I don t have 100% game like Kotinho, Bobrix and Blazej in last season.... So what I have to do if i don t want to play with delayed players on next season? Post in forum? or i must to play with 100%?

Once you wrap you head around the fact that online s quite different from offline and get over it you also realize that adapting to ping fluctuations within a league (occurring due to players being scattered all over europe and thus likely far from each other, for instance) is also part of the set of skills required to be succesfull in online SWOS, just as much as being able to score spectacular headers combo, clinically executed tap-ins or knee-jerking long distance shoots.

Hats off to those who re able to overcome the ping hinderance and win no matter the frames of delay, gotta respect that (although I don t particularly enjoy playing at high pings, which is why I don t play ASL anymore, among other things).

If you aren t willing to deal with higher pings stick to polish leagues, you are quite the high pinger to a lot of people as well (whether you believe it or not) however I don t see anybody calling you out on that.

Lobo said few month ago that I don t must play with players like that delay,

Heh, we might as well stop playing international online leagues then.

Please try to understand that If everyone was to take a similarly uncompromising approach to the matter there wouldn t be any international league anymore seeing as only a handful of central european players would be allowed to play, if any.

heh but I Have good Internet on kailera ping from 10 to 30 with delay 1 sometimes 2, and problems are with still that some players...

You do realize that:

- ping s relative to the distance between you and your opponent;
- has nothing to do with Kaillera;
- the quality of your connection hardly affects it over very long distances (unless stuff like wireless routers - avoid them like a plague! - or malfunctions over the line are involved, that s it);

...right?
More
13 years 1 month ago #99113 by Wänä81
Maybe the connection of the italian internet provider is much better then the greek one! But you can`t blame Patigoal for this, complain it to the provider in greece ;) I think this would be useless :)

Only 1 example: Playa have lost every match with Ejder-Z in ASL, he never lost a word about that. And Ejder is from USA! He accept that connection.

Please stop here that old p2p discussion. We had that more than once on forum and believe me...that leads to nothing! :)
More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #99114 by Retrieving

so why when I play with Lestat (long distance) conditions are very good? Not distance sometimes is problem but not good Internet

There s plenty of possible explainations (off the top of my head...stuff like network nodes routing which may differ greatly even though the distance in a straight line is the same) and the end-user has fack all to do with most of them, besides, how do you know whether Patigoal (or anybody for that matter) got a not good internet or not?

Are we seriously going to discriminate people on the assumption that their connection s bad just because someone s perceived them as bad ? Come on now, we d be left with about 20 players in the ranking at most.

I m very well aware of the fact that it may suck at times (no doubt) but that s SWOS Online for you and there s no way around it as of now (perhaps in 2030 we ll be able to play with people from Asia at 0 lag even with Kaillera shitty P2P!).

EDIT: hah, Wänä beat me to it! :D
More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #99118 by Retrieving

ping s relative to the distance between you and your opponent
the quality of your connection hardly affects it over very long distances
There s plenty of possible explainations (off the top of my head...stuff like network nodes routing which may differ greatly even though the distance in a straight line is the same
It could be long distance but if I write that long distance isn t problem with Lestat then in few seconds YOu write that There s plenty of possible explainations so distance or not?
Wana and i am not angry of 2 loss with Patigoal but delay, I can loss 0-10 with smilley but in good conditions

No offense but you clearly aren t very knowledgeable about this kinda stuff, besides you re mixing up several replies that were meant to address different points (hence the quotes) and shunning Patigoal because of something he has no control over, on the premise that he s got a bad internet when in fact you can t prove whether this is true or not, all the while disregarding the implications of your claims entirely.

Read it all again cause it s pretty self-explainatory and do some research on the matter while you re at it, this is a non-issue as in none of the parts involved (you, Pati, the mods, the SWOS community) can do anything about it so you either deal with it or stop playing ASL, it s as simple as that really.
More
13 years 1 month ago #99119 by ulg81
when in fact you can t prove whether this is true or not this is not only my opinion, why I not blame Lestat, Wana and others?I forgot that You and BenBostrom had the best Internet in the world.. Sorry, after my speak with Wana I want to close my opinion of that and don t answer for this subject, bye Internet hooligans :D don t eat Your keyboard.
More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #99120 by Retrieving

when in fact you can t prove whether this is true or not this is not only my opinion, why I not blame Lestat, Wana and others?I forgot that You and BenBostrom had the best Internet in the world.. Sorry, after my speak with Wana I want to close my opinion of that and don t answer for this subject, bye Internet hooligans :D don t eat Your keyboard.

me and BenBostrom? Internet Hooligans? Eating keyboards? Wait...what? ???

not sure what you re on about, thought we were talking about ping, frames delay and ASL lol (didn t mean to be impolite either although I don t use as many :) s as people usually do on these boards so that might ve slipped under your radar, sorry).
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds