Better connection wins the game!

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #61707 by Playaveli
Hm, so it s faster to ring Australia or USA with Voice-over-IP than with a normal telephone?
Interesting stuff...
The topic has been locked.
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #61718 by Falcon
well if you use Skype it should be. But it rather depends on your VoIP provider and their backend systems. When you use a VoIP account on your telephone but the one you are calling uses landline, you might end up with nearly the same delay as if you use your own landline telephone. Might be a bit faster using VoIP, but depends on various variables.
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #61843 by Bomb
mhh, a special global amiga-network, independent from internet and ONLY for amiga users, new amiga-internet-software... and we could directly play offline-online... :D I will ask my friends in nsa and pentagon, they should solve the problem

If not, I m pretty sure, that in a few years there will be no more delay- or lag-problems like this (is this a problem at all???)
look here: ;)

www.onlinekosten.de/news/artikel/26255/0..._Internet-Verbindung
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #61855 by Kanu

mhh, a special global amiga-network, independent from internet and ONLY for amiga users, new amiga-internet-software... and we could directly play offline-online... :D I will ask my friends in nsa and pentagon, they should solve the problem

If not, I m pretty sure, that in a few years there will be no more delay- or lag-problems like this (is this a problem at all???)
look here: ;)

www.onlinekosten.de/news/artikel/26255/0..._Internet-Verbindung

ehm... what does it say? :D
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #61856 by Wänä81

ehm... what does it say? :D

World s fastest internet connection used to dry laundry
Published: 31 Mar 08 13:44 CET
Online: www.thelocal.se/10810/20080331/

Dictionary tool Double click on a word to get a translation

Last summer a 75-year-old woman from Karlstad became the envy of internet users worldwide.

Swedish firm offers legal alternative to internet piracy (12 Sep 07)
Sigbritt, 75, has world s fastest broadband (12 Jul 07)
Swedes most connected in Europe (13 Nov 06)
With her blistering 40 gigabits per second connection, Sigbritt Löthberg had the world s fastest internet connection - many thousands of times faster than the average residential link and the first time ever that a home user had experienced such a high speed.

So, after nine months with the ability to download a full high definition DVD in just two seconds or access 1,500 high definition HDTV channels simultaneously, how has Sigbritt s life changed?

Not much, according to Hafsteinn Jonsson, who is heading up the fibre network operation for Karlstad Stadsnät.

She mostly used it to dry her laundry, he told The Local.

It was a big bit of gear and it got pretty warm.

Sigbritt s son, Swedish internet legend Peter Löthberg, was behind the project, which was intended to demonstrate how a low price, high capacity fibre line could be built over long distances. Löthberg has now taken the equipment up to Luleå, in the north of Sweden, for further testing.

The project was a huge success, said Hafsteinn Jonsson, who explained that his department now measures its history in terms of Before Sigbritt and After Sigbritt .

Apart from the death of Ingmar Bergman, this was the biggest story to come out of Sweden in 2007. We used to get all these detailed questions about what we re working on - now we just mention Sigbritt and everybody understands.

The secret behind the ultra-fast connection is a new modulation technique which allows data to be transferred directly between two routers up to 2,000 kilometres apart, with no intermediary transponders.

According to Karlstad Stadsnät the distance is, in theory, unlimited - there is no data loss as long as the fibre is in place.

Sigbritt may have been denied her world-beating internet link but she still has an admirable 10 gigabits per second connection. And there may be another surprise in store for her.

We re considering giving her a 100 gigabits per second connection in the summer, said Hafsteinn Jonsson.

Then she ll be able to dry all her neighbours laundry too.

The Local (news@thelocal.se/08 656 6518)

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #61860 by Kanu
Oops...

thanks Wana..

:)
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #61861 by Bomb
thx wänä-man! :D

I dont know if that would solve our so called problems... I m a, let s say, technical noob, but it seems interresting, isn t it?
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #61952 by Zafer
I m desperately looking forward to the days I can play this game as if I was in Europe, my eyes popped as I read about Retrieving s msg about the Japanese and American guys playing;) I wish that could be applied to our game, especially during these days where even hosting a p2p game on Kaillera is becoming a problem, besides all the disadvantages I have, being on the other side of the ocean.
More
15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #61954 by Retrieving
I ve finally got to talk with the dude who apparently holds the position of head-developer on 2DF and he told me he couldn t have added SWOS regardless because the game isn t currently supported by the emulator 2DF relies upon...however he pointed me to the guys who have programmed it (and guess what...they re based in the UK which means they ve most likely known SWOS all along - unlike the yanks who laff at me whenever the word soccer comes up - and prolly used to play it back then, halleluja!) and mentioned that they re still doing active development on it...so I guess there s still hope!

This is for ya, Ejder:

this emu + his enhanced peer2peer client = almost no input delay with little frameskip @ really high pings ( 120ms).

for example: matches between someone in Eastern Europe and someone from East Coast/Central USA are not a matter of science fiction anymore. people on the same continent should have a nearly perfect playing experience

this is the next best thing to GGPO as far as netcode is concerned and the difference is closing in.

such a tease!

EDIT: also, I could be easily mistaken, nonetheless I believe an updated and improved version of Kaillera has been around for quite some time now, does anybody know anything about it? Does the one featured by the ss.de SWOS-pack automatically updates itself (the one we ve been using on sensibleita.com doesn t, the startup menu was removed though)?
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #61957 by daimaou

EDIT: also, I could be easily mistaken, nonetheless I believe an updated and improved version of Kaillera has been around for quite some time now, does anybody know anything about it? Does the one featured by the ss.de SWOS-pack automatically updates itself (the one we ve been using on sensibleita.com doesn t, the startup menu was removed though)?

Kaillera development is over and now they focus only on the p2p client afaik. I believe the version we are using is the latest one. What new version are you referring to?

Nice to hear about that other stuff though, but for what I read 2DF and p2p are very similar the first one simply uses some extra lag compensation techniques.
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds