Re: Sensible Soccer 2006, your opinion!

More
17 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #10054 by Calenulma
In my opinion... AWFUL!

Nice gameplay but WAY too easy. And the editor ingame just makes it worst.

Nice demo but awful game.

Hope you guys can make it better. ;)

EDIT

BTW: I ve played every version till 96, i believe, on my AMIGA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dazimus
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #10059 by Dazimus
Replied by Dazimus on topic Re: Sensible Soccer 2006, your opinion!

Ok then.

I read all of this thread after playing one match on the new game and I think the problem is that while some of it feels like the original, much of the game has significantly changed. I was very surprised by some of the comments on this thread, particualrly when most of us a fairly well clued up on what to expect with this new version, so the fact that there is no career mode is absolutely no suprise to me, along with the omission of a few other items also.

Without trying to sound like too much of a smart-arse, this new version has created a very similar impact to what the original Sensible Soccer created. By this I mean that no one expected a football game to play like this, but the people who quickly grew to become very fond of it (Everyone on this discussion forum!) instantly new that it was a winning formula that would go on to bigger and greater things.

This is exactly what SS 2006 is doing, especially with the 10 year break that it has had, it has finally come back and it is testing the games market. I bet you that we re the only people to be overly critical of this new release, simply because (without blowing too many trumpets!) we re probably extremely good at playing SWOS and we expect to be able to know the game inside out from the start and expect it to play the way that we ve anticipated.

Meanwhile, all the people who are new to SS and are not our generation will be thinking - Hang on, I like this new style of football game. I can see a managerial version of this coming out in a couple of years! Does this sound familiar to any of you guys? Of course it does.

What I find really coincidental though is the fact that most of the flaws with SS 2006 are exactly the same as the original SS!! I m confident that they will follow up with a new and improved version that will incorporate most of the negative items that everyone raised in this thread.

Remeber, that there is no football game like this out there, and I don t believe for one second that this new itteration is bad enough for Codemasters not to be commissioned to work on a follow-up.

Sensible Soccer has been resurrected and started again.

You make some interesting points there actually!

More
17 years 8 months ago - 17 years 8 months ago #10230 by Hellenstone
Hi.
Does anybody already mention some mistakes during penalty kicks (shootout)?
Seems like it s possible to move the keeper before shot and that you can reshoot the ball when it bounces away from the keeper?

Grisu

„Es ist wichtig, dass man neunzig Minuten mit voller Konzentration an das nächste Spiel denkt“
Lothar Matthäus – Rekordnationalspieler Deutschlands

More
17 years 8 months ago #10233 by jdl1967
was really looking forward to this coming out,but its crap

• Bony
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 8 months ago #10243 by Bony
Replied by Bony on topic Re: Sensible Soccer 2006, your opinion!
I desagree, having much fun with Sensi 2006, it s far from perfect but is just fun. Played SWOS very long and must say, this is the best start for a sensi remake in years. But it should improve in next versions and WILL improve.

• Richie77
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 8 months ago #10289 by Richie77
Replied by Richie77 on topic Re: Sensible Soccer 2006, your opinion!

I desagree, having much fun with Sensi 2006, it s far from perfect but is just fun. Played SWOS very long and must say, this is the best start for a sensi remake in years. But it should improve in next versions and WILL improve.

Agree m8!

More
17 years 8 months ago #10292 by tomocb

Hi.
Does anybody already mention some mistakes during penalty kicks?
Seems like it s possible to move the keeper before shot and that you can reshoot the ball when it bounces away from the keeper?

Grisu

Check the rules of fototball!!! You can score from a rebound off a penalty!!!

More
17 years 8 months ago - 17 years 8 months ago #10338 by Hellenstone
@tomocb:
Sorry, my post above was a bit unclear. What I ment was penalty shootout, NOT a regular penalty kick after a foul! And here a reshoot after a rebound is definitely NOT allowed!!
Sorry.  ::)

„Es ist wichtig, dass man neunzig Minuten mit voller Konzentration an das nächste Spiel denkt“
Lothar Matthäus – Rekordnationalspieler Deutschlands

• fedotenko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 8 months ago #10342 by fedotenko
Replied by fedotenko on topic Re: Sensible Soccer 2006, your opinion!

-No team stats: it would be nice if it tracked your players scoring record or something.

That and the odd goalkeeper movements is what bugging me most. For the forst im willing to do something about it myself, anyone have any ideas where to start?

More
17 years 8 months ago #10383 by d_grei
voted: disappointed

Bottom line (for me):
This is not Sensible soccer.

If you put it this way, the game is not so bad, and has potential.
If you look at it as Sensible Soccer, it sure is disappointement :(

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds