Re: Sensible Soccer 2006, your opinion!

• Skyer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 8 months ago #11553 by Skyer
Replied by Skyer on topic Re: Sensible Soccer 2006, your opinion!
Guys, let me help you. It s not a SWOS, it s not a game. I know, what SWOS should be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago - 17 years 8 months ago #11836 by sugartj
What could have done better:

- ONLINE MODE
- audio, commentary, stadium athmosphere, everything is missing !!! (just listen to NFL Street 2 or others, yes, players could talk)
- camera view (...is driving me crazy)
- animations, especially goalie
- additional animations, funny cut-scenes etc. (the animations after scoring a goal are taken from codemasters club football series, just with bigger heads. I know, cause I bought Bayern Munich 2005 and selled it again, two days later)
- menus with easier navigation
- smaller save file (not 1,5 MB)

Whats ok:

- gameplay in general
- rosters with near-realistic names
- retro feeling

• Patton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #12782 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Re: Sensible Soccer 2006, your opinion!
Totally disappointed. For a true classical SWOS fan like me I only see one resemblance between this game and good old SWOS: Its name![img][/img]

More
17 years 5 months ago #13970 by Pallister
Sit down, F !!!

• Stagletto
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 1 month ago #18030 by Stagletto
Replied by Stagletto on topic Re: Sensible Soccer 2006, your opinion!
Frankly, its crap and a waste of money. Out dated teams? No Editor? No career mode? No online mode?

Abysmal (I did buy it by the way after playing the demo expecting at least ONE of the above features to be in the full game) and I cant recommend it to anybody. Will be in many many bargain bins very soon which is is what it deserves as it was simply an attempt to earn money around the World Cup by Codies. Boooo.

More
17 years 1 month ago #18035 by Stromberg
30 votes for satisfied here though. Seems quite a lot of ppl are happy with it, although the majority including me dislikes the game. Anyway the modding guys made a great job and made the game a lot more playable. It remains that it s no Sensible Soccer though.

More
17 years 1 month ago #18039 by Playaveli

30 votes for satisfied here though. Seems quite a lot of ppl are happy with it, although the majority including me dislikes the game. Anyway the modding guys made a great job and made the game a lot more playable. It remains that it s no Sensible Soccer though.

Stromi, I think we can forget about all the polls here! I am pretty sure that some people just click on a vote by random...

Unfortunately this forum software does not allow me to force people replying to a topic before being able to vote!

More
17 years 4 weeks ago #18082 by tommyboo
Heh, just because you don t like the game doesn t mean that no one likes it. :P

I still get positive feedback about Sensible Mods quite often and last week I was asked to write an article about Sensi 2006 and its mods for a popular Finnish gaming website, so there s definitely still interest for the game. :)
Also, I find the fact that it has got 30 positive votes on this forum quite surprising, considering that maybe 99% of the users are dedicated fans of the good old SWOS... SS06 could/should have been much better of course, but even in the best case a lot of people would have been disappointed because it s not exactly like the old SWOS (if you know what I mean)!! If you forget SWOS for a while, I think you ll find a fun to play football game in Sensi 2006, especially with all the current mods... :)

More
17 years 4 weeks ago #18094 by EreWeGo

SS06 could/should have been much better of course, but even in the best case a lot of people would have been disappointed because it s not exactly like the old SWOS (if you know what I mean)!! If you forget SWOS for a while, I think you ll find a fun to play football game in Sensi 2006, especially with all the current mods... :)

I agree with Tomi here - I think my own dissapointment was due to expecting the next SWOS. If this game had come out without the Sensible tag, it may not have dissapointed so many SWOS fans. With the mods, it does play a fun game of football, and I still play it more than say PES or FIFA. We all know If Codies had spent a little more development time, or at least supported it after release with a patch or two, it could have been so much better, but if you just forget the Sensible comparisons, and take the game, (with mods), on it s own merits, it still owns a place in my games collection. :)

More
16 years 11 months ago #20412 by crayon
Well, as Stagletto predicted, Sensible Soccer is now in many bargain bins nationwide (can find it for £7 here). We really need to have a game where it keeps the simplicity of Swos (as I believe this game did) with ONLINE capability. One can only hope......:D

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds