Suggestions for the Website

More
13 years 1 month ago #98060 by insomniacro
Add an option to challenge more than one game aginst one user in ooo (1 to 6 matchesin row per challenge)
So it s easier (faster)later to enter scores...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #98083 by dimetrodon

Add an option to challenge more than one game aginst one user in ooo (1 to 6 matchesin row per challenge)

Absolutely great idea to do something with the ooo result entering! Matches in a row (entering how many with automated home-away games), maybe simplified entering (like in leagues) would be nice.

More
13 years 1 month ago #98254 by _sox_

this is great!!im so lazy and often i prefer play friendlies because the challenge system it s not really fast.this could be a superb idea!!

12 years 10 months ago #101421 by ElMichaJ
the more ooo option is finished in beta ... maybe not bugfree ... but its planned ^^

send me pm for getting beta account

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
12 years 8 months ago #104014 by Blazej_Bdg
Hello.

After consulting with Snky i m decided to write somethink :)
We re talking about new players - where are they!?
Look on sensiblesoccer.de new members. Every day there is 5 or more new members. And it s end about them. Maybe they need better explanation at start because they don t know somethink about mirc etc. As we know, new players want to play at once! So...

1. Better announcement after opening an account about online communication, irc etc.
2. Open chat on site.

Cheers.

More
12 years 8 months ago #104016 by HairFU
My personal opinion is, that only a new comfortable online playing way and a massive promotion for that new way on several bigger online gaming and retro sites would generate at least the chance to have new players. Otherwise it would smaller and smaller more and more (look, many old players, like me, haven t the time to play online constant).
Look on facebook or other browser gaming sites. The most people are not willing to make more then one click on website and not willing to read to much to learn how a game work (especially playing swos online is not easy to understand for a newbie that is not a experienced in outdated IRC system and emulator stuff).

Check out my idea. The Idea with a website and installing evrything seperate is not up to date. The more you must install extra the more it will people make to go away from something today, I think.

So it seems they are only make things that they are intressted in for their self and SWOS seems that they are not intressted in.

What abou a new WinUAE Kaillera SWOS Version, that works better with win 7 (but also Vista and XP) and with a better interface and more user friendly interface. Maybe someone could code a new SWOS-Kaillera WinUAE Interface, that starts directly when you press on a button on a website or better a playing online button in start menu (of course you must first install the WinUAE SWOS Version - this version could also integrate a automaticly quick load when you start the game [so that you don t have to wait the intro screen and start directly in the menu, if evryone have the exactly same version, it should work without a problem])? Maybe if a person is able to do that, he could also programm a fix chat system for that, that load up when you press the online playing button (to bad I am not able to do that)?

Hmm, don t know if that would work or if that is possible in any way. But what about a tool (integrated in this new Kaillera SWOS Pack), that automatically search for the best server (for example you are from poland and your opponent are from portugal, then the programm search all known server and look for the best matching) to play.

Here is a little graphic that explain my idea.

The SWOS StarUp screen could look like that

More
12 years 8 months ago #104020 by dimetrodon
I agree with Blazej in this problem. Maybe it would be nice to make some simplification, etc. but it will be big work, and we don t expect anybody will be volunteer to do that. Not long ago, another way of solution had come to my mind, and I have made some video.

It was made in Hungarian, for - hopefully will exist - new Hungarian players. It can be made in every other language - the most important would be a good English one ofc. I would gladly help in anything if somebody would make a dub (mp3 files), or you can use my videos, or you can make your own version.

If you check the videos, in the 1st, you won t be see too much, as it about the basic things with lot of speak (the site, forum, download), but from the 2nd video it will be more action : ) but still Hungarian of me :)
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8BF603FB6460686D

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #104042 by Emmeti
@Blazej_Bdg :
there are many reasons people register but never show up once in chat, I am pretty sure just few of them (i think less than 0,1%) don t show because they can t find the chat (not knowing mirc o irc clients in general). I can be more specific especially about italians, if you want to know more please ask.

@ Hairfu:
I am not sure, are random players what you want? I ve always believed this as a community not a bus stop station so I don t see the advantage to have random players showing in chat now and then mostly playing for the first (and probably last) time . That would lead to (few) anonymous people playing, with the risk of ESC in the perfect XBox Live Style,maybe players that cannot even play or, why not, insult you for no reason (or a reason :) ) and then you have to tell me how you think to handle the bans and so on, for all that and not only of course , I believe is not worth the effort of creating a new , supposedly user-friendly , panel. So I disagree with you, I don t think such thing is needed, it s too complicated to do and in my opinion quite pointless. We re lucky this kaillera system works and if you ask me it works pretty well, same for outdated IRC system. They are not complicated to use, actually they are quite easy, especially if you are determined enough.

Kaillera and IRC are not the reason people do not play swos on ss.de, so you shouldn t worry about that. Improving things (if needed) for those who are already part of the community instead and not in order to attract new people,well, that would make much more sense in my opinion.

More
12 years 8 months ago #104044 by HairFU
I think that s the price you have to pay if you want expand the online playing community again. Also I think those guys who press ESC if they lose, lost intresst in playing after few matches an those are don t the players that normaly join a official competition like league or cup. (in official competition you can controll evrything like now with bans and so on) But if you have these simple way of playing swos online, you give many people the chance to have a simply look at the game. The most will only try and never come again or play a few friendlys in a month or so. Other will will press ESC like you say. And other that wana have the competition register on ss.de to play league and cups and you can handle them like evry other online player today.

A half year ago, I was helping a new player (it was solim), he have absolutly no idea how to start a online game. And for those people it isn t easy like for you or for me. If they are lucky, there is someone who help them if not, he don t have a clue how to play and maybe never come back.

If you preffer the old way, then make a new design of the first page. It s looks really nice at the moment, but not very clear for evryone that you can play online swos and how that works.
Look on my graphic, mabye that is evryone is needed to start, when he come on the site?

[img]http:///hairfu.stremlau.eu/bilder/ss-de.gif[/img]

More
12 years 8 months ago #104046 by dimetrodon

there are many reasons people register but never show up once in chat, I am pretty sure just few of them (i think less than 0,1%) don t show because they can t find the chat (not knowing mirc o irc clients in general). I can be more specific especially about italians, if you want to know more please ask.

Kaillera and IRC are not the reason people do not play swos on ss.de, so you shouldn t worry about that. Improving things (if needed) for those who are already part of the community instead and not in order to attract new people,well, that would make much more sense in my opinion.

I do not agree with you! Ofc I have not got exact numbers, but I think for many newcomers the technical things are huge barrier. Not general, that a such a big starting investment needed to start playing a game. We all know: that is the way, that is how it is working but new players don t.

Let me tell you some example, to demonstrate some way of thinking by newbies:
1. example is myself :) I have registered to this site because some guys made the first offline tournament in Hungary, and they wanted to insert the results here. I have registered, but I don t started to play online, about a year! As I don t know there is the possibility. I can speak English, I am about technical expert , as this is my profession, but I don t know why and if and how I start to play online! Yo may say I was blind (it is true, as I have strong glasses) but I started just after FLgeby, my friend explained the things. I don t say there was not enough information on the site, what I am saying is that I had not looked into this information before that time.

2. My younger brother is better, fanatical player was that me (maybe he is still better, but can not be more fanatical : ) I helped him with all the technical staff ofc, and he could play online. But he never like to play online. He did not enjoyed it at all.

3. In the last month I helped some newbies in technical things. It has worked after a long process, but they hate technical things, so after some days, they forget some things, they had not got enough determination to continue.

4. Also there were many newbies who did manage to start play online, but they started to feel that they are very bad players. After some game with good players, or even with bad but experienced players (like me) they lost all interest, as they thought they are too weak.

5. There is always some new player who are not in chat, but Challenge you in ooo. I tried to wrote him, but they may never come back to read my pm. They find the Quick Match button, on the starting screen, they see the fact that they can challenge some guys, they hit challenge, and then nothing is happening. We know: There is no Quick Match. The 1st match will cost you about a half an hour at least, but it can be a half day in the worst case.

These are different problems, some can have solution, some might, and some can not be solved, I don t have the exact numbers but 0.1% can be 70% for me. I don t know, it can 70% or 17%, or 7% or 0.7% who is lost for us because of that kind of problems.

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds