Suggestions for the Website

More
16 years 2 months ago #34455 by HairFU
Don know, maybe you have only a bad day at the matches and lose against your direct opponent with only one goal for example but then you are with same points like your opponent and with more goals, but behind him only because you have a bad day and the rest of the season you was as good as your opponent (then the opponen also lose against other player that you have won) so i don t see it as unfair to win a league by goals.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago #34456 by daimaou
Ok, here we go. A few suggestions:

- Possibility to pm all players from a league you are managing. For example I m portuguese league manager, if I want to pm all league players I need to add recipients one by one which is a bit boring. But I can pm all players from my tournaments at once, so why not add the same functionality for leagues?

- On player stats, it would be interesting to show Tournament stats too. Exactly like the ones for ooo s or league. Best result, worst result, etc. Also maybe add how many 1st,2nd and 3rd the player has got ( on tournaments and leagues) and how many tournaments the player has participated.

More
16 years 2 months ago #34461 by Eleven

Don know, maybe you have only a bad day at the matches and lose against your direct opponent with only one goal for example but then you are with same points like your opponent and with more goals, but behind him only because you have a bad day and the rest of the season you was as good as your opponent (then the opponen also lose against other player that you have won) so i don t see it as unfair to win a league by goals.

Yes Hairfu it may be, but what if i play vs my opponent and win 5-0 and 7-0! So i am clearly better, but i am behind him because of just -1 goal difference. So it would be also unfair ;) I did not mean that all leagues should use this system. I just want to have in Turkish League ;)

- Possibility to pm all players from a league you are managing. For example I m portuguese league manager, if I want to pm all league players I need to add recipients one by one which is a bit boring. But I can pm all players from my tournaments at once, so why not add the same functionality for leagues?

Good idea ;)

More
16 years 2 months ago #35247 by HairFU

Yes Hairfu it may be, but what if i play vs my opponent and win 5-0 and 7-0! So i am clearly better, but i am behind him because of just -1 goal difference. So it would be also unfair ;) I did not mean that all leagues should use this system. I just want to have in Turkish League ;)

Then he was really better against your when your opponent win with that high wins, but on the other hand he must played very bad (or not as good as you) against the other players to be with less golas then you after that high wins against you. So i don t see the unfair things ;) If you like to make it in turkey league (and the players agree with you) then fine, just make it :)

More
16 years 2 months ago #35284 by Pallister
Bad day, then it s not fair....I was better, but I lost...that s not fair....I have a better goal difference, but then I lost vs my opponent who now has the same amount of points but less goaldifference...that s not fair that i m behind him now....

Pls tell me that this is not your real point of view, HairFU! I never read such a shit before, sry...

More
16 years 2 months ago - 16 years 2 months ago #35289 by HairFU
Ich schreib es nochmal auf deutsch (was ich in meinem Post auf englisch gemeint habe), dann gibt es keine missverständnisse:

Also Spieler A und Spieler B spielen 2x gegeneinander und Spieler B gewinnt 2x 5 - 0 gegen Spieler A, hat also den direkten vergleich 10 - 0 gewonnen. Wären diese am ende Punktgleich und es würde der direkte vergleich entscheiden, wäre Spieler B vor Spieler A. Wenn aber das Torverhältniss entscheiden würde und es dann am ende z.B. so aussieht

1. Spieler A 20 Pkt 40:15 Tore
2. Spieler B 20 Pkt 39:15 Tore

Nun wäre Spieler A auf Platz 1 obwohl er den direkten vergleich glatt mit 0:10 Toren verloren hat. Das seh ich allerdings nicht als unfair an, da Spieler B dann ja gegen andere Spieler der Liga dann schlechter abgeschnitten haben muß als Spieler A. Hätte Spieler B in den anderen Spielen mindestens genau so gut (oder in dem fall wenigstens 2 Tore mehr gemacht) wie Spieler A gespielt, dann wäre er auch vor ihm, aber so lag bei Spieler B in den anderen Spielen eine schlechtere Leistung vor.
Deshalb sehe ich es auch nicht als unfair an eine Tabelle über die Tore zu werten wenn zwei Spieler Punktgleich sind. Jeder kann mal 1 - 2 schlechte Spiele machen.

Ich denke mal das ist geschmackssache und wenn man es vor einer Saison weiß das der direkte vergleich zählt, dann kann man sich ja darauf einstellen. Meine meinung ist allerdings das es sich in der Liga wieder alles ausgleichen sollte und nicht nur auf einen vergleich ankommen sollte.

More
16 years 1 month ago - 16 years 1 month ago #35300 by Playaveli
Thanks everybody.

The exact same discussion exists in real football as well because the national football federations fight against the UEFA who wants/wanted to invent an unique system for all the leagues in Europe. And this doesn t work out because...:

...in Spanish Primera Division the direct encounter decides!
...in German Bundesliga the overall goal difference decides!
...in some other leagues (don t remember) there is a play-off game!

Every country wants to have the authority about their competition rules (another discussion is number of teams per league).
I think it would be a good idea if we do it the same way here. Every association (DSL, SHSL, etc etc) should be allowed to decide on their own what kind of champion-rule they want to use.
This can happen with either independent polls or the league organizers decide it. Whatever you prefer.

What do you think?

Regards.

More
16 years 1 month ago #35307 by Eleven

I think it would be a good idea if we do it the same way here. Every association (DSL, SHSL, etc etc) should be allowed to decide on their own what kind of champion-rule they want to use.
This can happen with either independent polls or the league organizers decide it. Whatever you prefer.

That was what I wanted to say ;) I want Turkish League to be played with direct encounter decider ;)

More
16 years 1 month ago - 16 years 1 month ago #35308 by Playaveli
Please keep discussing and/or posting opinions.
We ll try to include new options in the league system in future then. But this may take some time because we want to invent a new interface.
So don t expect it to come soon.
For now the including of a direct encounter option would exceed our database volume. At the end of last year we experienced constant website-errors and breakdown due to another problem. So we need a new base first.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

More
16 years 1 month ago #36007 by d_grei
I think ss.de should pick it s prefered instant messenger (like MSN, Skype, ICQ or some other)
It would make easier to find ppl when they are online to play ASL and other matches.

I sometimes log on IRC, see noone i need is online and then leave and do other stuff online, and it is pain checking every X mins if someone has logged in.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds