SWOS 2006-07

More
17 years 7 months ago #12744 by Dennis
Replied by Dennis on topic Re: SWOS 2006-07
Sharkadder1, try to find info an update the Bulgarian league then.
I am from Bulgaria, I know most of the teams, players, values etc. And it takes more than 6 hours to do it.
When you finish with Bulgaria i suggest you to make FIROM, Latvia, Litva, Estonia, Scotland (4 divisions), Norway, Finland, Albania, Slovenia, Serbia, and then jump to South America, North America, Africa, and if you have eyes left post a message to say how do you feel afrer 4 hours updating ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 7 months ago - 17 years 7 months ago #12745 by Robbie
Replied by Robbie on topic Re: SWOS 2006-07
No, you didn t say that Sharkadder1, about gathering info first. And if you only refer to Steve, you should have said that in the first place. And don t forget that most teams deal with transfers, different tactics, other coaches, different shirts. And their actual value has to be converted to SWOS value, in British Pounds.

Now, you name me one website with ALL the info for ALL players around the world. With their skills, positioning in the team, price etc. And don t come up with transfermarket.de.....

And since you don t even know the editing program, I think you ve never even edited anything in SWOS, and I take it you don t have a clue what you re talking about here!

@Dennis: even your 6 hours seems fast to me! ;) And I think he will not have eyes left.....hahaha

• Sharkadder1
  • Sharkadder1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #12748 by Sharkadder1
Replied by Sharkadder1 on topic Re: SWOS 2006-07
robbie dude, well for UK all you have to do is go to the bbc sports website, it has teams for all players from all leagues.

Im not sure about other countries if there sports section of a television broadcaster works in same way but there bonut to be sites out there for people who live in bulgaria etc.

wouldnt it be better if people did it in syncronisation? i.e. all update together then that way it will all be completed at same time and wouldnt take months and months.

I know its hard to but get all you people together 1st, once you have sorted everything out then update, dont just go ohh you can update england but nobody is updating italy.

I think its bad planning, and if it isnt why the heck is it when i go on that website some leagues dont have an updater, for example italy? u dont start something untill you have prepared for it properly, not just do abit here and there willy nilly.

If your going to work as a team work as a team, not just come and go and update as you feel, trust me you will get things dont alot faster if you stick to deadlines and split everything up equally,there again i can find info on internet with click of a finger so i would say that, i just think get all the info together and split it, that way you are all doing same amount and nobody has excuses for lagging.

The key to these updates seems team work and i cannot see alot of it going on, its people updating when they feel like it, and thats why i said the comment about how i could update in a metter of hours if i wanted 2, its simple enough yeh? so why work as individuals? people work at diffeent paces, but if you set deadlines and make people work at same pace you will find better results.

Seriously though you have to admit this is bad planning considering some of the leagues dont even have updaters,you should only start once everything is in place, and quite obviously it isnt is it now!!!!!

my last post here, l8rs, and yes i would update a league for you but i dont have the time thats why i dont do it, i dont just do it anyways even if i dont have the tme and let it drag on for months and months.

And people only get peed off because some people think its good to have there name on everything when its not,never say something is your work when its not(i.e diego).

Am outa here man, and incase you didnt realise the transfer deadline was a few weeks back, wouldnt it of been better to release the update by then? hum hum?

More
17 years 7 months ago - 17 years 7 months ago #12752 by Robbie
I have to admit you have some interesting ideas for future updates, but you don t see the big picture.

* The bbc-website has no player-charts with their skills, etc, just checked it... (or am I wrong) I didn t even find playervalues.

* Those player skills are nowhere to be found, the editors -some exceptions- know the players of the leagues they edit, know their positions, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

*About the transferdeadline; there was a BIG lot of activity on the last day in Holland. A lot of switches, and some teams instantly changed tactics because of some new players. You really think we could complete our updates immediately after the closing of the deadline?

And there s is an editor for Italy. But none for Wales. Maybe no-one wants to, so Diego has to do it by himself.  Why don t you offer your services?
But no, you state you don t have time to do an update, while you first said that would only take you a few hours........

Now, why don t you take the initiative to the next update? 07-08... that should give you enough time to get familiar with the editing programmes. Recruit as many editors as you can, make schedules, set deadlines, etc. Let them work as a team. Hell, I ll even edit the Dutch leagues for you! What do you say? And agree with all editors about the values, skills-setting etc. Sounds good to me!

• Sharkadder1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #12759 by Sharkadder1
well i would but i aint editing for these.

Diego doesnt have time for editing all the time so whats the point in helping him. I tried to help last year when he helped steve do that world football leagues website and he didnt have time to do anything on it.

Its just somebody wanting to walk it easy and try and show how good he is when hes quite clearly not, i bet theres a few of them updates either people have done for him and he has put his name down or somebodys update hes corrected and said it was all his work.

Theres no way id help, i like team work not oooo look at all these updates ive dont, thinking about themselves trying to be the big man.

And if i remember correctly, when i asked to get me some info to do work he was wanting money off me, i mean what the heck, seriously who is going to send somebody money for his services in team updates, i thought that was out of order.

More
17 years 7 months ago #12780 by Robbie
You seem to have quite a problem with Diego...... but don t underestimate the job of editing a league anymore please.

• Sharkadder1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #12783 by Sharkadder1
only problem i have is glory slory man united type people.

More
17 years 7 months ago #13084 by sensibleswos
Replied by sensibleswos on topic Re: SWOS 2006-07

SWOS 2006-07 IN 16 DAYS!!!!
YES FRIENDS. SWOS 2006-07 WILL BE READY THE DAY 29 OF SEPTEMBER. ONLY REST EDIT 9 LEAGUES AND NATIONAL TEAMS. THE MORE COMPLETE UPDATE, WITH CORRECT POSITIONS, COACHS, PLAYERS AND T-SHIRTS. THE UPDATE NUMBER 10 FROM THE FIRST UPDATE SWOS 2002.
THIS TIME WITH THE MOST NUMBER OF SWOS FANS AND SWOS EDITORS, 39!
ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?

Yet if you look at his site it now says 1st October, why have a set date to keep everyone s hopes up and when that date finally comes its not there. Why should we belive Diego that it s gonna be on 1st October? this is not some attack, its a point that this guy never keeps his true word.

• bl4ckout
  • bl4ckout's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago - 17 years 7 months ago #13097 by bl4ckout
Replied by bl4ckout on topic Re: SWOS 2006-07
Well, I can only hope that it really comes out on the 1. October...

I´ve been waiting so long for this update, please bring it out in 3 days!

PS: I know how hard it is to edit a league, I just get crazy while waiting for this thing ;)....

• Sharkadder1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #13108 by Sharkadder1
its hard editing leagues but its even harder to keep a true words, like i said dont set dates unless you can keep to them.

I also cannot wait for this update, when it finally gets released, according to the site all the updates should of been ready by now.

No attack, just ready for this update :P

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds