Re: Do we need special p2p-rules?

More
14 years 11 months ago #63903 by Zafer

and I don t need that playing swos becomes a new one.

I couldn t agree more, I had no idea that I was being selfish for playing SWOS online and that LIK would be happier if I and other high pingers left. I think it is time for this discussion to end or some of us to go, it really is getting ugly, how many times does it have to be repeated that it is just a game. I d appreciate if mods could gather and make an announcement to express the view of ss.de on this, individual opinions appeared to be harmful than helpful and it is leading to anarchy.
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 11 months ago #63904 by Zafer

The outcome of this thread for me personally has been destroying my motivation to keep playing swos online, after this came up problems playing p2p seems to have grown exponentially and I don t want to have to argue about it this often before matches.

Similarly, one of the Super ASL players (who joined this month) told me he won t play with higher than 3 frame and I said it is impossible for us with today s technology and that no one denied playing with me for such an excuse for the last 9 months I was in this league. All I could do was to ask him to tell his story to the mods, since I have no administrative authority to make him play. We played eventually, but this shows that no rules is not working anymore since not everyone is here for a game, they are serious and they are in need of being controlled by official rules, good will is not something everyone possess.
More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #63905 by Ali

Yes sure i would rather give up than ruin the fun for all others but thats just me.

I have fun to play against Ejder-Z so please talk for yourself.

I couldn t agree more, I had no idea that I was being selfish for playing SWOS online and that LIK would be happier if I and other high pingers left.

If this really happen, I ll also take the ticket without a retour.. Byebye ss.de then..
More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #63919 by LIK
Bring it on boys.
This is not about me because i don t play in any competitions so please give me a break.
To me it is the same will you play or not.
I am just telling what i would do in your place nothing else.
I see no fun in playin with 4 or 5 skips and thats it, and i think most players here think the same but will not tell it.

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #63925 by Ali
You dont have to break hearts.. Your words are like; dont play here.
More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #63934 by LIK
To me this is just talking about problems and not avoiding it.
I wanted to make people to think even if i had to do some provocation it is still good INMHO.

I apologize to Ejder and/or anyone else if i insulted them with my posts but i wanted to bring alternative opinion.

About solution of this problem it is hard to tell.
I told Ejder once on private chat i see no other solution than P2P it still the most fair way to play ATM.

I just wanted to point out problems that European players face playing with 4 or 5 skips.
For example when i played European competitions i had 1-2-3 skips in more than 90 % of my games.
Player outside of Europe have opposite percent so you see my point in this i hope.
For official competitions i think players that are used to high ping have big advantage just because of that.

Maybe solution is to play more friendlies with players outside the Europe.

My opinion is still same about high ping SWOS, i think that luck factor is bigger because of reasons i already mentioned in my first post.
More
14 years 11 months ago #63952 by _sox_

Similarly, one of the Super ASL players (who joined this month) told me he won t play with higher than 3 frame and I said it is impossible for us with today s technology and that no one denied playing with me for such an excuse for the last 9 months I was in this league.

anyone is free to think how he wants (p2p is good, server is a devil s tool and vice versa), but none of us should not refuse to play an offical competion.
when i joined ASL* competiotion i knew that i would never played like in Italian league against italian players.i don t know what rule says about this, but IMHO that player should be banned for 1 mounth from ASL (unfair).
More
14 years 11 months ago #63953 by Playaveli
I agree with LIK! With everything he said.
He didn t tell anyone what to do, he just said what he would do under the circumstances.
And it s just me, too, who would stop playing online if causing such pings and delay.

What s wrong with having such an opinion? Nothing, boys. Let us state it.
Instead of interpreting every little word of a post in foreign language better concentrate on your own point to the topic.
More
14 years 11 months ago #63992 by Zafer
I hope you end up moving to Japan or USA one day for some reason, so that I can remind you this!
More
14 years 11 months ago #64007 by Ali
Playaveli Lik whats your problem? Just let Ejder-Z play and enjoy. Its just a game goddamned. I would do this if I was you, I would do that if I was there blablablabla!.. You aren t in USA so you dont how its feel so dont start to talk like that.. Jezus.
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds