Re: Do we need special p2p-rules?

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #63823 by LIK
Well P2P is fair to both players when we talk about delay.

But i am sure for example that ejder is more used to it because he plays over 90 % of games under that conditions.

I am sure he has better timing there because he knows when to shot under that conditions (timing).
Only way to get used to this is number of games and not talent to adopt.

Cheers!
The topic has been locked.
More
15 years 1 week ago #63852 by Zafer
@Robchef: Yeah that would be nice but it isn t like the pitch, effect of pitch is the same for both sides, but different pings is a significant handicap.
@LIK: You should be playing 90% of your games to be sure that it is adoptable, and that it is not about talent but repetition. Many here already stated that it is not the case, it doesn t work that way. Come be my guest for a swos vacation and see;)
More
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #63859 by LIK

@LIK: You should be playing 90% of your games to be sure that it is adoptable, and that it is not about talent but repetition. Many here already stated that it is not the case, it doesn t work that way. Come be my guest for a swos vacation and see;)

If i had delay like that i wouldnt play because its not fun for me.
I play swos for fun and not competitions, but thats just me.
And yes it is all about repetition under that conditions
More
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #63862 by Zafer
@LIK, I play swos both for fun and competitions, but you re probably right that I m too big of a fan of swos to play swos from USA under such conditions. Seems you d be content with playing career games against computer if you were in my shoes, that is just not me, as you already made it perfectly clear.

so with that signature you re basically saying that Mortal Kombat is just as close to the original SWOS as a match played online with 100+ Ping, basically conforming with my theories and backing up my claims.

Nice failed attempt at sarcasm right there mate :D

Well, you wouldn t wanna go far saying it s a failed attempt without being sure of what I m aiming with this, which is swos is swos if it is the two floppy Amiga game that you re playing but not the 4 floppy MKII;) I think swos is still swos if you don t mind a 4 frame delay, which equals to less than 0.1 seconds in a 50 fps game. And there generally are no lags in my games although my ping is high, as my connection is very stable, but that depends on my opponents too (I feel most discussers here are confusing lag and delay, may be definitions should be clarified sometime). So it really looks like the good old swos, and games also look great if sides aren t stuck in the idea of delay, you d definitely enjoy watching our games with Ali, a good example is the goal in sociopatic s signature. MKII, it would still be MKII with 4 frames, if fatalities are performable;) Like already stated by both low and high pingers of arena, since there is no resolution into this if we wanna keep it international, best is to avoid the extremes, not make it a bigger deal than it is and try to enjoy the game as much as we can, no matter what, as after all it is still a game played for fun and although we re all world class swosers, we re not professionals making money out if it and non-swosers don t care about us;) Discussions also kinda smell egoistic, people trying to answer others rather than sticking to the point and addressing the problem, don t you think?

Also I m aiming to soften the camping of sides a bit on this thing, and remind us all of the greater picture, where people around the world can play SWOS with each other (or NOT SWOS, or SOME SWOS:), where it was a dream in 1997 to play even with a friend in a close city except for in vacations;) And now the dream is to play it like we did in 1997 in the neighborhood, which hopefully will be realized with your effort on the kaillera alternatives, I sincerely appreciate your attention into that. I m also very happy to have your inputs on the discussions, I think you brought a unique insight into this forum with your viewpoint and perfect use of language, I enjoy reading your posts.

And thanks for calling me a stoicist mate, I really am;)
More
15 years 1 week ago #63864 by LIK

@LIK, I play swos both for fun and competitions, but you re probably right that I m too big of a fan of swos to play swos from USA under such conditions. Seems you d be content with playing career games against computer if you were in my shoes, that is just not me, as you already made it perfectly clear.

Sure because i am not that selfish
More
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #63867 by Zafer
Wow,so you say you d give up swos so that others can play with 0.1 second better delay, that is soo emotional:) And thanks for labeling me so, you re so kind. I couldn t care less for what you think of me, as it is completely ridiculous and baseless.

And probably you re not aware yet but you just refuted your own claim of playing swos for fun, or may be you just meant you play for the fun of others. That is what I d call noble.
More
15 years 1 week ago #63868 by LIK
Yes sure i would rather give up than ruin the fun for all others but thats just me.

Have fun playin m8 and kick some ass
More
15 years 1 week ago #63869 by Zafer
If I was really all , this post wouldn t appear on the 8th page of this topic, you re right, that is just YOU! :D
More
15 years 1 week ago #63871 by Zafer
I ll need some time to apprehend the idea that not playing swos online can be more fun if you can t play it like offline...
More
15 years 1 week ago #63902 by daimaou
I m really sad on what this thread has came up too, I stopped posting here since everyone will keep their ideas and won t change their minds, but this discussion is getting a bit out of control I think. The outcome of this thread for me personally has been destroying my motivation to keep playing swos online, after this came up problems playing p2p seems to have grown exponentially and I don t want to have to argue about it this often before matches. So I doubt I will keep playing online after all this, at least on online competitions. I have enough problems already on my life and I don t need that playing swos becomes a new one.
If the idea is to play at 2 skips everytime then that s not possible for me (nor will be for most portuguese players) since I don t live in central europe and I prefer to get out of the way. Since a lot of players don t realize or don t want to realize this there s no point on keeping playing with them.
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds