Re: Do we need special p2p-rules?

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62141 by Bomb

I already mentioned at the end of my msg that I m not taking it personally, I know it is not just me. I had more experiences on this, that s all.

and thx for the kind asl note, i hope you can adapt to your new tactic till then, you ll have to use it very effectively;)

then I understood it wrong... ;)
The topic has been locked.
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62148 by daimaou

I nerver said that the delay is easy for the portuguese players(only one example), but they play with a high ping since ages. They get more used to as the guys from central europe, that´s all

We are as used to high pings as everyone else who is playing vs other international players on p2p. When there was no p2p that could be true, but not anymore and those times are long gone. We don t have to deal with high pings vs each other, we play with 1 or 2 skips here too.

Just to give an example, tonight I played sasy for asl right after playing a lot of matches versus portuguese players. I went from 2 to 4 skips immediately (I usually have 3 with sasy but pings were higher tonight), I felt probably the exact same way Bomb felt on that offline cup. It s hard when you move immediatly from playing at 2 skips to 4 skips, especially under those conditions. That s why I always try to wait a bit before matches on those cases, but no time for that tonight. So I feel high pings as bad as the rest of all players and don t understand why everyone keeps saying portuguese players play better with high pings. We just have to deal with it, we are forced to play with different skips depending on the opponents and if anyone is playing on an international competition I think they should count on that too.
If I could play with 1 skip vs anyone I d gladly do it and I assure everyone I d play much better, but it s not possible unless that person lives near me. Maybe one day this will be possible and all of this will stop being a problem...
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62150 by Zafer
wow, just noticed after this post that I myself am also a Portugese player:) Yuppi, I m not alone!
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62174 by _sox_

we are forced to play with different skips depending on the opponents and if anyone is playing on an international competition I think they should count on that too.

that s right! we are playing online swos, the cleverness of a player is not only measured by his game-style, but also by his connection.imho, if you are a top player of online swos you must demonstrate it to able to adapt you to the connection.

@bomb: new rules to manage the problems like ping,desync,delay are welcome, maybe you should ask what peaple wants.if i play to win every games, i d like to play with ping = 80 and max 3 frames. if i play because swos is the best game in the history and i m proud to be a swos-sick-player, maybe i don t care if there are 3 or 4 frames and my ping is 150.
ok, all peaple prefer plays with low ping....that s obvious, but the spirit of swos should suggest to us that fun is more important than victory (and this we ll say a person who is always angry....i get crazy when just take goal....but this is another discourse :-) )
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62195 by daimaou

wow, just noticed after this post that I myself am also a Portugese player:) Yuppi, I m not alone!

eheh
Even so I can t let you join portuguese league, you have very high pings ;D
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #62217 by Bomb

ok, all peaple prefer plays with low ping....that s obvious, but the spirit of swos should suggest to us that fun is more important than victory (and this we ll say a person who is always angry....i get crazy when just take goal....but this is another discourse :-) )

mhhh, yes and no in same time. ;) because: of course the fun is the most important, indeed. but for me its lesser fun with a higher ping (which not means no fun at all with higher ping!), cause I can t play like I use to play offline (super conditions:D) or at least normal online conditions (I know, german players are spoilt ... :P).

but np, we have to deal with it too, and in fact, when I play ASL, its no fun at all. its just FIGHTING AND FRIGHTENING!!! :D
(which can be fun too ;) )
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #62282 by Playaveli
I cannot reply in or better TO this topic.
Wanted to print it but ran out of paper... ;)

Is there any common sense or idea or rule proposal with less than 100 words which would sum it all up?
(Hmm, not that I am lazy...)
More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #62415 by [H]Giggs

p2p give some advantages to players usually having high pings.

Not true.

A good player plays with any ping. I play with a lot of pings in ASL (Playaveli 60 ms, Edjer 110 ms, Daimaou 30 ms) and still I dont think I have any advantage vs anyone.

PS - I think this topic is an attack to all player outside Central Europe, because they can t get 1337 (see leet in wikip) pings in Arena or something. Like Edjer said, all player from SUPER ASL are great because in some years I never had/give a blame about pings and I played with high pings (Edjer and Sheriff) than im used.

P2P is the best for SWOS ONLINE.
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #62432 by Ali
Nice words Giggs.. Totally true..
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #62640 by Bomb

I cannot reply in or better TO this topic.
Wanted to print it but ran out of paper... ;)

Is there any common sense or idea or rule proposal with less than 100 words which would sum it all up?
(Hmm, not that I am lazy...)

yes. to sum it up:

bomb asked a simple question, which basicly can be answered with yes, because... or no, because... .
instead of that players started to tell their whole life here, which - of course - is interesting; but unfortunately these answers don t come to the point to which the question was aiming. in contrary: the discussion goes more and more to any direction but the original thought (lets call it nonsense), up to the suspicion, that this topic is an attack to all player outside Central Europe . dued to the fact, that bomb is known for pissing off and attacking other players in generally, you are completely right. ;)

obviously the suggestion, to play one or two friendlies to get used to another ping, is just too simple (for some people here) for being even considered. I would like to have the possibility to get used to another ping before some important games.
I don t know why this should be an attack to all player outside Central Europe - I could turn the sense of that phrase into his contrary (refusing the possibility to a player like me to get used to another ping would be an attack to all players inside Central Europe )l, and it would have the same legitimacy for me.

A good player plays with any ping. : I m happy for you then...
in some years I never had/give a blame about pings : this thread is about p2p-problematics. as far as I know, it doesn t exist since some years (at least for SWOS) ... it s about the last few months.

Bad words Giggs.. Totally wrong..
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds