Re: Do we need special p2p-rules?

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #62697 by Zafer
This won t end if we keep on answering each others comments. Criticising this and doing it at the same time is also not good or helping;)

I say lets put an at least one (or two or whatever) friendlies before the games rule, to be applied if at least one of the players ask for it. Not based on aggreement, just like the use of tactics in ASL1 2 leagues.

Lets put is as a poll and act upon the result.

And lets all of us remember that this whole thing is to have fun! No big deal after all (this goes to me too:).
Thanks all!
The topic has been locked.
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #62699 by Ali
Bad words Bomb.. Totally not true.
More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #62702 by Playaveli
I cannot agree with Giggs.
Of course delay is an advantage to people who are used to it. And it s true, you CAN get used to it.
My results vs. Ejder are the best prove (2-7, 1-9 etc...). I am not cocky or anything... but these results are far from being close to realism concerning both our abilities. I think everyone knows that. This has nothing to do with a bad day. Again without arrogance, I d say it s impossible to reach such results against me with one-way-goals (sorry for that old lame expression).

This is just my opinion as I refuse to accept the handling of delay as an actual skill.
And I refuse to change my playing style or even tactic just to adapt to 4 frameskips to win vs. Ejder or any other high-ping player. I rather prefer to loose over and over again.

As far as a p2p-rule is concerned I won t make my hands dirty. The evil admin Playaveli will only appeal to peoples sense of humor. If you got none go back to school. But stop laughing at me loosing 1-9 before! ;)
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #62713 by Bomb
@Ejder-Z:

Thx, and I like the idea of putting a poll, like:
at least one friendlies before the games rule.
the rule only would be valid, if there is a delay higher than 3 and if at least one of the players ask for it. the use of it still would be very rare, I m sure.

the only problem is: how I put a poll?

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #62716 by Kanu
mmm.. I think it would be better to open another topic and just adding a new poll without comments.

Poll should be also notified to all users (I would translate it for italian users, Damaiou for Portugual users etc.)

(just a personal suggestion ;) )
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #62720 by _sox_

This is just my opinion as I refuse to accept the handling of delay as an actual skill.
And I refuse to change my playing style or even tactic just to adapt to 4 frameskips to win vs. Ejder or any other high-ping player.

i don t wanna change your mind, of course, but i think you should accept it.we are playing online and we play swos with all its troubles.no way to escape..

to answer at bomb s question:
- playing on server could be a problem for a man with high ping
- playing on p2p could be a problem for a man with low ping
is there another way to play swos??.....should we play on chinese servers (so we all have an high but equal ping)?? :-) i m sorry mate but i have not a solid answer, i can only say that we should play with more lightness about this kind of problem...
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #62723 by Sheriff
@bomb

i think this is already an option to test the connection, 1 half friendly or 1 full friendly for testing the connection and get know the delay. I think no need to add a rule for that, i have done it a lot of times before without any rule, just me or m8 need 1 half or full and here we go.. just ask for it, i think.
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #62788 by Bomb
I agree with sox and sheriff.
no need for a rule.

I think we can close this topic...
More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #62813 by Zafer
but how about if the opponent rejects, says I don t have time or sth?
Or if it is one of those so called used to delay players and doesn t want his opponent to get used to it as well? :D If there is no rule, no one can force him to play a friendly.
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #62814 by Ali
Just dont play ONLINE if u gonna cry about the pings.. o my god.
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds