Re: Do we need special p2p-rules?

More
15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #62117 by Ali
Ejder; Am sure this discussion will let you say; you know what, forget it.. am leaving byebye ss.de or something.. So dont let them break your heart with such of lame things.. You have the best connection in america, better you cant do.. forget this endless discussion just play your games and kick some ass..
The topic has been locked.
More
15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #62118 by Zafer
@waenae: There is no single instance where you can get 5 fps with 100ms on p2p. You get 4 with even 120. You get 5 with 145. Please send a screenshot like I did if you can get it with default configuration. And if no one can force you to play with 110 ms on p2p and since no one would allow anyone to get 3 points automatically by letting them play with about 100 ms lower ping and 3-4 less delay than their opponent, unfortunately we ll both be kicked out of Super ASL when you are there, due to the 100% rule (if you can t convince other participants to crop ASL leagues from other continent players earlier than that of course). Second, I believe your assertions will be more based if you know what you want so that you ll know why you re doing this, please take time to think about what that might be.

And this discussion is not coming to an end NOT because rules are not set, it is because everyone is putting forward their assumptions as proven facts, although they are NOT. I see several of you low ping players saying high ping players get used to it. How do you know it if you aren t one? I AM one and I say I play for almost 2 years and I still can t get used to it. I just said in my earlier post that my pings vary much larger than yours do on ASL, 110-172ms! Still, there are players constantly beating me and players I win against, and they are all from Europe, they are players like you! Can you make a case looking at my scores ? Did anyone of you play against me lasy July or August when I was in Turkey when I played on arena with 60 against opponents of 15 and saw that I play like crap when the ping is low? All those baseless assumptions started right after I m back, noone said anything either if they won or lost when I was there, coz no excuse existed. I ll be back in Turkey in May though, lets please play again then. There are MANY MANY factors for a win in SWOS as there is in real football, and delay is one of them, not ALL of them. Lastly, I m not a big corporation who bought the patent to 0 ping technology around the world and keeping it from the world to keep selling my old tech, so don t act like I m a high ping lover evil!

I m playing swos till 92. I know how the game is on Amiga (I still keep my 1200). I know how the game is in Kaillera with 0 ms to 250 ms. So please stop writing your own observations for each delay like you re the expert who did years of research on this, that is just ridiculous. I say lets cut the bull, I say I wanna leave if only half of the Super ASL players ask me out, do it and I m gone and you can go on with your Central European ASL till forever after since you kick the next player who wants to play, then start another thread to clean them too, until I let the new technology be released. Seems country leagues are not enough, you need to have me out of everything.

(Please avoid replies stating it s not personal, I know that, I m just willing to put myself forward as the victim to finish this no-end discussion:)
Attachments:
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62119 by Zafer

Ejder; Am sure this discussion will let you say; you know what, forget it.. am leaving byebye ss.de or something.. So dont let them break your heart with such of lame things.. You have the best connection in america, better you cant do.. forget this endless discussion just play your games and kick some ass..

Sorry I didn t read this before I posted mine, seems you see the future. This definitely breaks my heart but no need to be emotional for such things, my heart will be broken to know that majority of people in my league agree with Waenae on this and I m gone since I gave my word to do so in that case. I m a personal advocate of radical solutions in all cases in life. Won t be easy to give up my love, but I ll have to cope with that;)
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62122 by Sheriff
NO time to read all thread, so i will tell all of you my thoughts.

i can play with even 6-7 frames if its my only solution. (i did it several times)
Its same conditions for both p2p, and i like to play with ppl who are on the other side of the planet!!! Its bigger that feel than to say i dont want to play like this. (personal opinion that)

and ofcourse i will not get mad if i lose, cause i know will be very different an offline game bettween him(general speaking) if you know what i mean.
As it is diff with any random online game with 2 frames too, the offline game i mean. day - night difference.
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62123 by LIK

As it is diff with any random online game with 2 frames too, the offline game i mean. day - night difference.

Not true ofcourse
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62124 by RobChef
Makes no sense at all that we blame players for their pings.
And it s quite a shame that Ejder has to defend himself here! :(
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62125 by Wänä81
I don´t want to kick anyone out anywhwere ! Never !!!

I didn´t start that thread , but i always make the mistake to write down my opinion.

If anyone feels bad with that , i say SORRY !

For me the discussion is over now and i don´t post anymore on those threads !

*btw. i will never reach the ASL1...online i am crappy :P

Greetz
More
15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #62126 by Bomb

I say lets cut the bull, I say I wanna leave if only half of the Super ASL players ask me out, do it and I m gone and you can go on with your Central European ASL till forever after since you kick the next player who wants to play, then start another thread to clean them too, until I let the new technology be released. Seems country leagues are not enough, you need to have me out of everything.

(Please avoid replies stating it s not personal, I know that, I m just willing to put myself forward as the victim to finish this no-end discussion:)

are you serious? you think, every word here is concerning only you? sorry...
I assure you, that players in europe have the same problem, for example when some italian player plays p2p with a polish one. or when I play vs. daimaou.
many people are concerned by that problem. no one wants you to quit from any league or such bullshit.
Do we need special p2p-rules?
the aim of this question was to avoid silly, personal and neverending discussions like this one. If you don t want personal and neverending discussions , then don t write books (at least not here);
obviously you missunderstood my first post in this thread. it was not about kick you out (If yes, pls show me the words).

my intention was simple: I don t like it, when players insult each other in irc (or in forum) because of that p2p-thing. It just has no sense,because both players are right. in fact they are struggling about the two sides of the same medal. this seems ridiculous.
the question is: what we can do to make both players more content? thats all. and, to say it again, play some friendlies before the real games, is still the best idea yet.

p.s.: personally, I would be happy to kick your ass in two months - in asl1 ;)
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62132 by Zafer
I already mentioned at the end of my msg that I m not taking it personally, I know it is not just me. I had more experiences on this, that s all.

and thx for the kind asl note, i hope you can adapt to your new tactic till then, you ll have to use it very effectively;)
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62140 by Sheriff

Not true ofcourse

m8 i mean that is different stuff, 1.offline play 2.online play.
Why you didnt agree? :))
Time to create page: 0.582 seconds